Author Topic: need to convince parents  (Read 3325 times)

Offline bradofafc

need to convince parents
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »
my parents wont let me get them i have the money and protection but they wont let me. can you help me convince them so i can get them they look so kl

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: need to convince parents
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
Have a look at the following thread for people in a similar situation as yourself & good luck :)

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=725.0

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »
my mum was very hesitant to me gettin them as the 1st time we saw them we was on holiday in tokyo and there was guys doing flips and my mum just thort it was a case of how long untill i break something

but in the end after enuf nagging she gave in

Offline DePaw

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »
My parents wouldn't let me have them at first either. But I kept nagging and trying to explain how they're good, yor know exercise and all that, evuentally after being asked for the millionth time why shouldn't wouldn't even discuss it, she caved in and let me get them.

Offline gillybert

• still alive, up to the neck !!!
    • Gillybert,s Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »
I'm a 41 yr old dad and have just, yesterday got my first pair of PJs.  After my first walk round (took less than a minute to start waddling about on my own) I told my 13 yr old son he could have some if he wanted.

He didn't ask, I told him he could.

All parents need to lighten up.  Put on proper pads and helmets, get some support to begin with, and your'e fine.

But "don't run before you can walk" as the saying goes.

Have fun ;)

Offline Taunton

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
Gotta agree with Gillybert here, another dad here and with the proper protection bocking is as safe as any 'extreme' sport is going to be.
Possibly might be safer, after all said and done if you take it easy there should be no damage at all, but if the worst happens, then a grazed palm, couple of bruises (but a huge broken ego ;D) are all that should happen.
Take skateboarding, bmx, mountain boarding etc, etc and there's that added risk of speed. Its the 'from speed to stop' that breaks the bones.
Come on mums and dads, bocking isn't as dangerous as you think. Let your young 'uns try it out
Betcha also have a go to ;)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »
I honestly think there must be quite a lot of parents out there that would rather have there kids sat in front of the TV or computer games all day. They dont want them to get the best work out of their lives, they want them to get fat and lazy..... or is there some other reason? oh yeah SAFETY!!!!! well bocks are safer than said kids, hanging about in dubious gangs having underage drinks. They are safer than suffering a heart attack in later life because they had a sedantry adolescence. Parents need to stop being selfish about the time they think they will have to spend in A&E should there be an accident.
When I was growing up my father made sure me and my siblings were very active, probably because he was. I can only conclude, it's only lazy parents that wont allow thier kids to have bocks..... end of chat

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »
lol. that seems to sum up my parents exactly. my dad's and actor and somehow he still seems to be lazy!

BS
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »
May parents let me!!  ;D Well maybe I am 21 and play with fire equipment, and walked on stilts anyway!!! Just had to get them to use one of their cards to pay for them, as my card was no more!!  ::)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
lol at nutter :)

I think you have a fair point ET but not all parents are lazy, hence the reasoning behind why they would'nt want their kids to have bocks...

There is a tendancy to wrap kids in cotton wool now and its just the way a lot of parents think unfortunately. They are happy to let their kids join school clubs etc but wont let them take their bikes out themselves or do outdoor sports etc

Also to a lot of parents the bocks just look a bit scary too  :-\

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 08:07:16 PM »
I didnt bother telling my parents --- I just got um. But then I was 42 at the time . Tho I stilll dont want to upset um ---cos mother still does my washing and ironing ::)

Offline Taunton

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
Lol, my mums 84 and still tells me to be careful when I go out to play ;D