Author Topic: EBAY / Second hand !?  (Read 2559 times)

Dark Knight

EBAY / Second hand !?
« on: September 23, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »
I was looking on EBAY and found this pair of 60kg !?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ProJump-Jumping-Stilts-Kangaroo-Shoes-Pro-Jump-Adult_W0QQitemZ250167644815QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1521QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would you buy second hand ? These look cheap for someone to start with but what would you tell people to look out for with second hand ?

Springs for damage ?
Hoof rubber
?

Dark Knight

Re: EBAY / Second hand !?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:55:59 AM »
I maybe be selling my 110's and buy some Gen3's and maybe two pairs of (cheaper ? ) 70's . I wanted to know if anyones sold a second hand pair and if so what price did you get ?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:15:26 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Taunton

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »
They normally go for around a £100, maybe just over (adult weights). Doesn't seem to matter what make they are, I think the average ebay buyer isn't aware that there are different make (and considerable new price differences)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:51:39 PM »
the problem with 2nd hand as i see it, is all but inviable. It is the wear on the springs. Some people just about tiptoe around then deside its not 4 them  and sell. Others really hammer their kit , bottoming out left right and centre ( i know 1 or 2 who have gone x2 up in the weight range 4 this reason).

I know which 1 id prefer to buy   but how to know?

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 04:18:04 PM »
£100 ! I was goes to settle for £80 with the extra hoof thrown in ! :o

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 04:32:55 PM »
Well go 4 it but you may be buying stilts that have always had tyre soxs and been well taped and bounced to b*ggery  and have springs of jelly --just to warn.

Having said that I know of a couple of instances where that has been a plus, VV light weight skinny but tall for their age kids who have got hold of well used stilts  and as a result of their use, they were just about right

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
I'd have to go with Q on this, Personally I wouldn't go for second hand stilts as you just cant tell how much or how little they have been used.

Unless you know who you are buying it from and know exactly what usage it has had I wouldn't buy them.

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
I'm his uncle so he knows I a nutter but can trust me  ;D