Author Topic: wrong size powerize  (Read 10393 times)

Dark Knight

Re: wrong size powerize
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »
I got that size because I'm only 14 and therefore still growing, and did not want to have to buy new Bocks in a hurry (to someone who's 14 its one helluva lot of money). But anyway, is any way to speed up the breaking in (of the springs, not me), or at least jump higher?

James.
There are no short cuts !? Just keep at it you'll get there  :)

Offline Flimda

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »

There are no short cuts !?

hmm....
Pity. Still, any hints or things to see for jumping higher?

James.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »
dont look down, serious. it tilts head and affects centre of gravity  , even when getting up after putting stilts on -look str8 ahead. If you must look at ground 20 feer ahead of you.  bounce thru heels not balls of feet.The 2 together means you willbounce straight un true thru your centre of gravity to your hooves.  you will go str8 up and down higher and under more control. Use your arms --but never let them go behind your back--affects balance and aslo can cause 1 to land wrong --and hurt back  think  a throw in at football but in a limp wristed kinda way ;D

As for wrong size/too heavy  may not be a bad thing --means to make th springs work  you will have to develop and very good technique and get all your moves correct

Watch ladees 'rolling a kayak'  they do not havethe strengh of their male peers -so have to have the perfct style.

With not quite right springs will b thesame  possibly without realising it -- you will have to become boune perfect to get results
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:44:10 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Flimda

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »
Wooooo!!!! Excellent advice, thank you.
Just out of interest, how is it possible to bounce through the balls of your feet? I had to loosen the foot straps loads before I managed it.

James.