Author Topic: Talking Over The Internet  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Ghosti

• Sup
Talking Over The Internet
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »
Hi People i was just wondering how many people have headsets that they can use on their computers . . . Because i have used lots of site before and i reli think that this one could benafit from Teamspeak and/or Ventrilo access. There are loads of Bockers around the world who could all talk using mics and headsets. Some survers are free and some are private and need to be payed for.

So ye i was just wondering because if we could get that working it would be a good way to contact eachother and make new friends.  :thumbs:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
Re: Talking Over The Internet
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 12:05:42 AM »
But who would want to talk to the nutta?  :'(

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:40 AM »
I've got DVD, Video Hard Drive, VHS, A Playstation, Digi box, Web Cam , Audio Tape and so many USB things pluged including a phone that I've lost count ( about 20 I think ).
Oddly .... wait I think I've got one .... errr ..... no it's doesn't work ???

Offline zefee

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:42:04 AM »
lol yea idd do this, im always on vent or ts chatting to people =D

Offline Bill C

• Inventor of TireSocks
    • THE HOP - PowerBocking Resource Center
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 02:55:14 AM »
If you want to talk to each other face to face, just hook up a webcam to your computer and download the free Skype software at WWW.SKYPE.COM.  Absolutely free  video phoning around the world.  No monthly fee.  Very cool.  I us it.

Bill C.

Offline Ghosti

• Sup
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »
If you want to talk to each other face to face, just hook up a webcam to your computer and download the free Skype software at WWW.SKYPE.COM.  Absolutely free  video phoning around the world.  No monthly fee.  Very cool.  I us it.

Bill C.

Ye but not every1 has webcams and if they dont its cheaper to buy a headset that a webcam. i got one though so... :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »
Dont use skype. It is unreliable and you can only make free calls to other skype users. Something better would be voicehost. You can make free calls to anybody with Voip whatever provider (exept for skype) and can easily call any number you want. Voip or not. You can make video calls like skype too. Its much better and their support is awesome.

http://www.voicehost.co.uk/

Offline Bill C

• Inventor of TireSocks
    • THE HOP - PowerBocking Resource Center
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »
Maybe SKYPE is unreliable in the UK, but it works great here is the US.  My co-workers also use to for free video conferencing with family in France and Germany.  Webcams are also inexpensive these day.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »
Voicehost does the same. But you cannot get it in other countries yet. I'm sure there is a better provider for voip in the us though.