Author Topic: most pathetic question asked while bocking.  (Read 17649 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: most pathetic question asked while bocking.
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »
i think there was people doing "poi" in birmingham at the start of the sport mile, im not up on poi but i know they were using them diablo things on the string (excuse my ignorance here) and they were spinning what looked to be small bean bags attached to long bits of material, no fire though

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:54 AM »
that was poi you saw, i tend to do it more with fire, as it is fun

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 01:57:19 AM »
i thought it was, bless em they didnt ask stupid questions

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »
CSO's just want to abuse their power, and use it on you for no reason

Have you met all the CSO's - quite a quick judgement really. Also what power do they really have to abuse?

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »
I know its not bocking related, but was watching the Superbowl (american football) when my sister came in, It was the 3rd quarter, near the end of it, and 2nd and 10 (if you know what that means, if not I will explain) and she said the magic words . . .. 'how many quarters are there??'

hehe was that katy ??? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Offline EA Photographer

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:26 PM »
NO IT WASNT!!!!!!!!:censored:

dont forget the nut who asked our CO for a glass hammer, rubber nails, elbow grese and tartin paint!!!!!!! :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »
On the subject of PCSOs, what I would say is that while they have very limited powers themselves, they are part of the new touchy-feely neighbourhood policing initiative, and they can make your life difficult on the larger scale.  They attend Neighbourhood Action Group meetings and put in intelligence about what they see.  Think about the sort of person that likes to go to NAG meetings and you can be sure that they are the sort of people who are worried by a sneaking suspicion that someone somewhere is enjoying themselves.  Every bocker is an ambassador for the sport so I would say that your best bet is to be reasonable and polite when talking to PCSOs or other members of the plod and avoid getting all Kevin and Perry with them, otherwise you'll quickly find bocking added to the lists of things that you can't do - play ballgames, skateboard, rollerskate, smile, laugh, look happy, you know the score. 

I'm in Milton Keynes a lot and I would say that it's a near perfect place for bocking - especially areas around the station and near the Theatre District - and has the world's supply of redways, but there are people out there just itching to stop us doing fun things.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
Lol we got PCSO's taking pictures of us in Norwich. they were more than happy to help :)

I did a whole load of research on PCSO's and came to some interesting conclusions. I later put the research to a SGT of suffolk police. Alot of my findings were backed up by him or more research given. It would have been stupid for anything to be denied, I knew my stuff

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 11:26:56 PM »
I must admit that bocking in central london every day of the week I meet a lot of Police in all shapes and sizes from PCSO's to the heavilly armed bunch that come into the cafe I use every morning (and yes I go there on the PJ's but get off at the door it's bl**dy uncomfortable trying to sit in them  :biggrin:)

I have never been asked to leave anywhere or told not to bock simply besause I make sure that I don't do stupid things

Running along very crowded pavements
Bouncing too near the public (just give them a bit of space most are to stupid to realise it will hurt if I land on them  :biggrin:)
Bouncing in the rush hour traffic (I did get asked to keep it to the pavement but that was in Hanworth and I was bouncing on a road junction infront of a police car  :banghead: don't ask why  :biggrin:)

A couple of traffic cops tried to clock me on the radar gun last week and we had a good laugh and one of them wants a set
And two weeks ago I sat and chatted to a PCSO for 20 mins (he was ex army and we talked about our broken bones  :biggrin:) and he was a really nice guy and between me bouncing for the tourists and him giving them directions we had a right laugh

So my experience is if you have a laugh and chat with them the Cops are OK if you have that " What do you want Copper " attitude your bound to run into trouble

I'm sure there are some Little Hitlers out there but I haven't met any yet or maybe London Coppers are just nicer  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »
i agree with ya Jason. And well they must be nice in norfolk too  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 01:39:42 AM »
I know its not bocking related, but was watching the Superbowl (american football) when my sister came in, It was the 3rd quarter, near the end of it, and 2nd and 10 (if you know what that means, if not I will explain) and she said the magic words . . .. 'how many quarters are there??'

why do i get the feelin that was you laura

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
Bouncing in the rush hour traffic (I did get asked to keep it to the pavement but that was in Hanworth and I was bouncing on a road junction infront of a police car  :banghead: don't ask why  :biggrin:)
why were you bouncing infront of a police car

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »

why do i get the feelin that was you laura

oh it was katy hex told me lastnight lol  :angel:

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »
All those with a problem with the police...plastic or otherwise.... it all comes down to your approach. I never have problems with cops and I have been cheeky to a fair few. I know when a joke will be taken and keep my mouth shut when it wont. If I am asked not to do something I may ask why not but in a way that questions their authority. If your asked not to bock then get off your bocks, there is always another place, another time. Dont give the sport a bad rep....END OF CHAT

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »
Tho I seem to remember being told by a coupleof the welshes that they were told to stop bouncingin front of the welsh assembly building,whenthey asked why  they were told 'itsa security risk'. They went away,got off bocks  wnt backand jumpedupanddown in frontof him :o)

actually it is not unreasonablet o question authority. I was asked to curtail my activities because ' I think itmigght be dangerous'. I stopped, but got on to my councillor  pointing out Human rights and that it was council owned areaand they had a duty of access unlessthere was a clearH&S issue, that Id stoponce but wanted a full chek made.

Security guard got his legs slapped  and I bounce around Bournemouth. I dont say go out of your way to confront or confront every request. But some are plain notreasonable  or really enforceable.

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
That definitely sounds the best way to deal with the issue.  There's no problem questioning authority - that's part of what democracy etc. is all about, but there's a way to do it.  I would alway say that if you get told to stop and go away by a figure of authority, do what they ask and then write, email, or phone their bosses, and complain/ask advice on the situation.  Police in particular are always very aware of public perception, and depending on the circumstances, if they see someone doing something potentially dangerous, the instinct is to play it safe and tell that person to stop - it's largely because, if they're seen walking by and  not doing anything and then the person has an accident or injures someone else, there's Hell to pay in the papers.  Most coppers need cast-iron underpants to keep their backside properly covered, because right or wrong that's what a lot of it's about. If they are given guidance from above that bocking within this and that situation is allowed, then if everything goes to pot they can shift the blame upwards.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
The police car wasn't there when I started the bounce and was when I stopped  :biggrin:

Guess I'm just unlucky sometimes  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »
Listen to the wise words in this thread, direct confrontation will not get you anywhere. I guess from your responses Capt tangerine you have experience in the area.

Most policemen will be considerate unless challenged inappropriately. As always the less experienced a person is the more they will stick to a line given by superiors or will respond to questioning that exposes thier lack of knowledge with bluster or agrression. You may win the argument but you will lose the war for us all. Better to do what it seems most do, beat a tactical retreat.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
Its easiest to admit you are wrong and just give a happy appologise and do as they say. That was no reputation is being damaged and although you are a bit in the wrong you are building up a good relationship too which is good :)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »
Its easiest to admit you are wrong and just give a happy appologise and do as they say. That was no reputation is being damaged and although you are a bit in the wrong you are building up a good relationship too which is good :)

Thats such bad English...it makes me weep

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »
I find spending the time on good english boring. I passed my GCSE am doing key skills...yawn. That will do lol. I guess thats why I am a filmmaker and not a writer lol

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:57 PM »
I find spending the time on good english boring. I passed my GCSE am doing key skills...yawn. That will do lol. I guess thats why I am a filmmaker and not a writer lol

It takes no time to write English that people can understand...your previous post was a big waste of your time.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »
Reading it back yea...that english was pretty bad. I am tired...going to bed before it gets worse lol. I don't express myself in words thank god.. My films do that **putting in punctuation(checking spelling of punctuation)**  :haha:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=234jN3NcbQI

Athough this one has a fair amount of text...I hate voiceovers

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »
Yes, Charlie B, I have a little experience in this field, although, I have to say that the only time I've fallen foul of the law was when they found me asleep in a bush in Leicester after a bit of a bender, and gave me a lift home.  I thought they were very understanding :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »

Thats such bad English...it makes me weep
From time to time we have all made errors in either grammer or typing. We should attempt to write in clear plain English and check for mistakes in our typing.

By the way ET it is "That's" not "Theres" .
When you say or write "that's," remember that "'s" is a contracted form of the verb "is," and whether you use "that's" or "that is," the verb must agree with the subject of the clause.
 :nana:   ;D