Author Topic: Ipswich Carnival  (Read 12575 times)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
Ipswich Carnival
« on: May 30, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »
hey everyone,

yesterday me and greg went to the suffolk show and i have been asked by the carnival co-ordinator if as many of us as possible would like to join the carnival pardade through ipswich (Sunday 24th august), we will finish at Cristchurch park where their will be live bands in a big top food stalls and circus activitys.
you can really go mad on this one! giveing out leaflets and as any as possible dressed up =]

if u want to have a look at the website  -www.ipswichcommunitycarnival.org

let me know if u are interested and/or can deffo come cos i will need to let the co-ordinator know asap

thanks

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
Re: Ipswich Carnival
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
awesome this like 10mins away from me!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:52:25 PM »
awesome this like 10mins away from me!

brill hope to see you then if not before =]

xx

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
Yeh, put me down for it :)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:40:55 PM »
Yeh, put me down for it :)

awesome will give more details nearer the date regarding times etc

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
pick me pick me

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:50:21 PM »
pick me pick me

yeah ok i pick yu xD

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »
Looks fun , add in me & Jester
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
It's the week after CB !?
I'll love to come.
This is the link to it !?
http://ipswichcommunitycarnival.org/news/carnival-event-day-08

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
ARGH!! I will be teaching Archery on that day!! May get out of it then go back for the second day, so put me down as a possible!!  :Straddle5:

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
I'll be in VEGAS on the 24th Aug WOOOO VEGAS BABY  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:  Then BURNING MAN  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
I'll be in VEGAS on the 24th Aug WOOOO VEGAS BABY  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:  Then BURNING MAN  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Sounds like a better idea !
Any room in your suitcase  :thumbs:

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:36 PM »

I do hope you are taking your bocks!!!

Sounds like a better idea !
Any room in your suitcase  :thumbs:

I doubt it! what with all her costumes, hair extensions and other things! lol!  :scool:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 01:42:32 AM »
Looks fun , add in me & Jester

brilliant i will ad you to the list =]

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »
It's the week after CB !?
I'll love to come.
This is the link to it !?
http://ipswichcommunitycarnival.org/news/carnival-event-day-08

yeah thats the one =]

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 11:32:22 AM »
hey everyone ust to remind everyone that the carnival is looming ahead fast and we need plenty of bockers for the carnival in ippy

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »
i have had a reply form the orghaniser from the carnival please please please! give me some pointers or anything!! you want to jump arouns on after the parade cos hopefull it might bable to get sorted ie POSS crash mates etc if i ask nicely

heres the e-mail lemme knwo what you think

Hi Hannah,

thanks for getting back to me and also posting the information on the forum. I found it last week when I did a carnival google!

Great news that there will be 10 of you. What a breath taking sight that will be.

So the event starts in Christchurch Park at 12noon and carries on until 6pm.

The carnival parade will start provisionally at 1.30pm from the New Wolsey Theatre through town to the Cornhill, from there to Northgate Street, where a second parade will come from outside the co-op both groups then walking up to the park via the Soane Street entrance. We estimate it will take 50 minutes, but will walk the route at the end of the month with police etc so will give you a closer timing then.

Have a talk with your group about how far you want to do in the parade, and how much space you will need as a group to walk or bound safely and comfortably. Also do you want to do something particular at the park, how will you promote your group?

I am doing alot of media coverage generating awareness for the event. If you have a high quality image of your group or someone jumping on stilts then do email over and I can put it in with press releases. Also what's your group called?

regards

Blue

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
What sort of distance is it ?
We did 3.5 mile one and it was really a bit too far  :-\
There was 10 there and at times we had a gap of over 100m and so down to 20m !?
Has there are a number of types of bocks turning up promoting would be fun !? I had PJ's cards which we handed out to the poeple who really looked like they'd buy   ;)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:06:54 AM »
Did not think the Spalding Parade was too difficult, main issues was waiting times as lorries got through the town.

Key thing is the number of bockers, if you have 10ish then some can bounce whilst others rest as bouncing continually will really take it out of you. (I learned that at Shefford !!!)

Distance between vehicles depends on number of bockers. 50is metres seems about right to allow space for people to get into thier stride and provide seperation for those bouncing high.

Also see what the situation is with water, would they supply and allow you to put water on a float near you.
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »
Did not think the Spalding Parade was too difficult, main issues was waiting times as lorries got through the town.
It wasn't too bad just I think we all stop bouncing that much by the end of 3.5 miles !
Pacing did muck us about a bit but I don't think this parade will have the same float problem !?

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »
This sounds like a great opportunity for you guys, make sure you find a good photo to go in the press release she was offering.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 10:57:13 AM »
at the nx Gym meet or a norwich meet or when we have lods of us together i will b able to get a gd camra posibley my siseters 1 if shes still here

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
greg that has nothing to do with the carnival you moron =]

yea but i am always looking for more people to come too so we can have as many as possible that would be great, yes i have some cards which i will dig out but i feel this will be a great event to do as afterwards theirs a cirus type of thing at the park and i could see about getting crash mats or things to jump off/onto

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
greg that has nothing to do with the carnival you moron =]

How so? The organiser asked for a photograph, and Greg said he could take one with his sister's camera. Sounds relevant to me. :P
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
oh i get it now ;p

im tired lol leave me alone

Mini Ellis xx