Author Topic: tape  (Read 4436 times)

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
tape
« on: November 28, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »
hey people how many layers of tape should i put on the spring and will it effect the height of my bounce?....(ill be using electrical tape)
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline arthur

Re: tape
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:21:28 PM »
hey people how many layers of tape should i put on the spring and will it effect the height of my bounce?....(ill be using electrical tape)

Hi,
if you looked on here http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=204.msg1331#msg1331 you would see the anser to your question but as im already writing i will tell you .

I put about 4 layers if electrical tape on my pro jumps to protect them and it doesnt make them less springy at all.

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 06:54:32 PM »
Yeah, electrical tape looks good and is cheap

Offline Lukey

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »
Fluff anyone?

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:17:51 PM »
lukey...if u were any cooler then u would own the RAC ;D boots
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 10:46:59 PM »
Where the heck do you get that stuff from?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:05:39 AM »
Where the heck do you get that stuff from?

Somewhere that sells fur fabric. A good place to get it is Borovicks, they are on Berwick St in London, they have a website.....google it

Offline arthur

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »
lukey whats that red and black sort of strap around your knees connecting to the knee bar...
because i have some and i dont know what its for

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »
.. its for extra support and attaching your leg to the Bar.. every one does it up differently..

work out a way to tie it around your leg and the Black knee bar for way more support and comfort of use..

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 08:49:20 PM »
Does the straps come with them, cos I didnt get any.. hmmm ???

Offline arthur

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 09:14:52 PM »
shadowfax...strange that you say that because my brother got projumps and didnt receive the strap thing but i did .
also alot of people ahve velcro on theirs but i have like a clip sort of thing so i think thats somehting they added to them a few weeks ago because ive only had mine like one month or something close to that (but the weather has been rubbish most the time so i havent used them much)

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »
I got mine about 2 months ago, I have a velcro strap behind the knee, but I really need something to keep me knees from knocking on the knee bars. lol

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 10:00:22 PM »
i think it just depends on whom you buy them off.. and what box they come in.. or whatever i am only guessing

New Vids;
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
I bought them from this site, the adult ones, maybe they forgot to pack them..  ::)

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 10:18:09 PM »
yea.. ask them for them to give you them.. they should have come with them! you are entitled to complain

New Vids;
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 10:23:09 PM »
good idea, thanks hehe  ;)

Offline stevie

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 02:12:23 AM »
to be honest the extra straps are no good, you should invest in some strong elasticated velcro strap and put them around the knee pad and behind your knee, you must pack your knee using the knee pad, this will stop your problem, pro jump knee/shin pad are great for this, we use them al the time, also have the knee bar set to your leg size and ballance your pjs, this will give you more performanc and safer jumping, i strongly recomend anyone taping your springs to think of safety, for safety reasons we dont do this,it may look cool but you must always be able to inspect your spring, if anyoneneeds more info on this please ask as i dont want to sound borin, chears.