Author Topic: Opportunity  (Read 29082 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Opportunity
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
I dont really have many black and white clothes. Uh oh. And I do suck hehe but you know. If I do go I will have to pay for the train at such short notice so like can i claim it back? Still got to check but I want to go. Maybe not for a meet, the money or the insurance more like getting bockers a good name. Let downs isnt what I would call positive.  And yea there were problems thier end but people sooner blaim somebody else (us) than themselves.

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
Well hopefully you could borrow a black or white outfit from a friend or relative, but it doesn't really matter if you can't. :)
Don't worry about it! :)

I've asked if you'll be reimbursed for your ticket Spud.
I imagine you will be. How much will it be?
I'll let you know as soon as she replies.

Please confirm or deny your attedance as soon as possible! :)

If anyone has Do-it-on-bocks number could they confirm that he's going please, and ask how he's getting there, what kind of room he wants and if he wants annual coverage? :) Anyone wanting annual coverage needs to fill in the online form and e-mail the quote to Kate.

See you Friday. :)

-Neo-
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
well if no other people want to come kelly will don her bocks and bounce for us

but i do still have 1 spaire seat in the car so if any one want to come they are welcome

oh and i am going from the isle of grain
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:54:57 PM by toddy »

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »
Right.....first of all NO i will not be making it i have blood poisoning but i did pull out before this occured as i emailed kate several times with tim and i's train details and i didsnt hear anything back from it so i assumed we were being lead onby this woman or that she wasnt willing to pay £107 4 our trains but im glas others have stepped up to this and i hope u have a good time!

• Elite Member
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »
Flipping heck, Blood poisoning! :( Sorry to hear that Carl. But don't worry, we only needed 3 people anyway.
And it looks like we may have 4. :) Hope you get well soon! :)

Is everything sorted now or is it still too early to get a final headcount? Obviously it's Toddy and myself.
But can Spud and Do-it-on-bocks confirm that they're going? And Toddy's Kelly will also be joining in
which completes our group. So no more volunteers needed. But confirmations are needed asap please. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:43:52 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2008, 09:11:40 AM »
I have a bit of a problem. It's gonna be a no from me unfortunatly.

Thing is I dont actually know if I will have to be at college on friday. It is the assesment week which means we have to stay local incase there is a problem with any work. I was called in yesterday and have been called in for tomoro. Could be called in tomoro for friday or even worse on the day.

My biggest worry is being called on friday and then getting an unclassified because the internal verifiers have been nit picking (and so far they have been to extreme levels)

Problem number 2) Last night I got worst cramp ever. Pulled a muscle and re-torn some ligaments unlocking it. Anyhoo. I stink like football. Got a loada (tiger free) tiger balm on it but not sure will be good enough in time. Dont want to make it worse.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:17:54 AM by Spud »

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »
ok im off to doctors today and hopefully i will be better if need be i WILL go but its a bit short notice luck ihave made no plans this weekend so i can take spuds place

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 09:37:41 AM »
Thank you Carl. I hope you feel better soon and I am sorry I cant make this.

• Elite Member
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
:( That sucks Spud... but thanks for making your intentions clear early on. You did say you'd have to check your schedule before confirming. Hope everything goes well for you.

So that leaves,

Me
Toddy
Kelly
Chris

Which is fine. :)

RECAP

The event is in Newbiggin by the sea but our hotel is in Newcastle so we'll all meet there. Either at the train-station around 1pm-ish, or later at the hotel if you've e-mailed Kate for directions.

All travel costs will be reimbursed but you MUST KEEP PETROL RECEIPTS in order to receive reimbursment.

We want to match in some way to appear more like a team, so we'll all wear Black or White, or Black & White.

This is probably the last time I'll be online, so if you have any questions you'll have to call me. My number is 07704173239.

I think that's everything sorted now... took long enough! ;D lol.

-Neo-

:EDIT:

Sorry Carl and Spud, you both posted while I was writing that... It took me a while because I got distracted by TV ;D Jackie Chan is on! ;D

Carl, you're welcome to come if you want. But I need to know a DEFINITE ANSWER NOW!!!

Kate doesn't think you're going anymore and it's a bit late to expect her to pay your train fare. That was supposed to happen in advance. So you'd have to ask Toddy nicely to pick you up. But I need to know definite numbers now, because she needs to know how many rooms to book!

Let me know immediately. If you think you'll be too ill to come, please say so now. But if you're absolutely positive you can come, that's great! :) Looking forward to it. See you all friday. :)

:FINAL EDIT:

It's insane how many times this list has changed!
Ok, the final line-up is:

Brendan
Toddy
Kelly
Carl.

Toddy, could Carl please get a ride with you?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:19:41 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

• Elite Member
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 06:34:42 PM »
Eugh, I hate double posting but needed to draw attention.

Carl, you just asked me to check my PM's... but you haven't sent me anything.
Or I didn't receive it if you did. What do you need to know?

Please give me your number again as I accidentally deleted it. :rolleyes: D'oh!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2008, 12:31:20 AM »
How did this go guys?

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
From what toddy said, it was pointless, all that fuss n shambles, then it got rained off...

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
well i got to say it did get rained off but it was great fun there and i had a good time
except for the 6 h driving at a time

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
Did you take any pics or vids would be great to see!

• Elite Member
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2008, 07:00:21 PM »
Well the event was postponed due to bad weather, but I personally had a fantastic time! :D I had an all exspenses paid weekend in Newcastle with my gorgeous girlfriend. :) The hotel room didn't have a bath but it had a nice shower and a giant bed! ;) We went to the beach, Jo took photographs and I did some flips. We met some lovely dancers and local traceurs (practitioners of Parkour). We stuffed ourselves silly with chocolate muffins and cheesecake. ;D And they paid me £80 for the priveledge of being there! ;D Oh, and we got free scooters which we raced around the hotel! ;D

It was a shame that the weather was so sucky, but I really can't wait to get more work like it! :)

The event photographer didn't get any pics of me on my bocks, but he got a pretty good one of a wall-flip, and a great one of a Webster front-flip. Oh, and you can see the dancers with our scooters! ;D

Wall-flip....  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1129
Webster....  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1130
Scooters...  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1131

-Neo- 8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:15:20 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »
Nice pics :)

• Elite Member
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »
This is the outfit I was going to wear for the performance.
http://pp/forum/gallery.html;sa=view;id=1674

My girlfriend will be selling the stilt pants 'made to measure' if anyone's interested! ;)
I think they look awesome when worn with trainers on the hoofs! :D

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
Well the event was postponed due to bad weather, but I personally had a fantastic time! :D I had an all exspenses paid weekend in Newcastle with my gorgeous girlfriend. :) The hotel room didn't have a bath but it had a nice shower and a giant bed! ;) We went to the beach, Jo took photographs and I did some flips. We met some lovely dancers and local traceurs (practitioners of Parkour). We stuffed ourselves silly with chocolate muffins and cheesecake. ;D And they paid me £80 for the priveledge of being there! ;D Oh, and we got free scooters which we raced around the hotel! ;D

It was a shame that the weather was so sucky, but I really can't wait to get more work like it! :)

The event photographer didn't get any pics of me on my bocks, but he got a pretty good one of a wall-flip, and a great one of a Webster front-flip. Oh, and you can see the dancers with our scooters! ;D

Wall-flip....  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1129
Webster....  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1130
Scooters...  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1131

-Neo- 8)

Sounds like you guys had a great time, shame i couldnt make it =[

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Tok

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2008, 01:03:32 AM »
Ooooo loving the stilt pants! How much per pair!?

• Elite Member
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
I forgot to ask her... I'll find out when I see her later. :)

Whatever the price, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than these guys!
http://www.jugglesandcompany.com/

And of course, Jo's are made to fit bocks. And you. :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:01:13 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »