Author Topic: Burning Man :D  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
Burning Man :D
« on: September 15, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
I have over 600 photos plus vid clips to sort thru into slide shows, but here is a taster.  What an AWESOME week  8)  8)  8)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  Had a ten hour dust storm on the Monday we got there, and again on the Thurs and Sunday.  Total hours sleep for the week, about 12 - total blisters, 4.

Sat night when the Man burned was simply the most awesome and electric party atmosphere I've ever witnessed, my camera just couldn't capture and hold that moment.   Will definitely be going again.  Met lots of cool people including a guy who works for Google in California and he said that the two Google founders are regular burners....cool 8) 8)

Yes you can laugh and insert a caption - here are the two mad hippies I camped with all week, Jim and Drix :D:D:D:D

This was a real Thunderdome where bungee'd up guys (and girls) beat the crap out of eachother with rubber things, would go great at WGW cos it was Cyberpunk central - but Health and Safety in the UK would NEVER allow it - we could climb right up the metal dome to watch and they didn't bat an eyelid here!!

These gorgeous propane-burning creations were done by a bunch of San Francisco girls - chicks who weld - YEAH!!!!

Saw some bockers but not many.  Was so hot on the Playa and dusty I don't think I'd have had fun bocking TBH!
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Dark Knight

Re: Burning Man :D
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »
Looks fantastic I want to go next time  :banana:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:13:07 PM »
Looks totally awesome!

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »
It was the toughest week of my life physically.  The dust gets EVERYWHERE and is alkaline and dries your feet and hands out, also your hair.  Hardly any sleep due to uncomfy tent and music until 5am, extreme heat thru the day 40oC+, and just the whole mental OMG LOOK AT THIS feeling that was with me all week  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :thumbs: :thumbs:  Plus surviving the dust storms.....!

If you go to www.fuzzbutt.co.uk and scroll down you can watch the FuzzFilms I made, mainly featuring the FuzzDudes but lots of BM photos on there too - plus Vegas and Reno :D
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk