Author Topic: Ipswich Carnival  (Read 12555 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: Ipswich Carnival
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
*leaves Mini Ellis own*
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »
*feels alone* =[

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »
*gives hug and pat on the hed* bless your lil cottan sox

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 07:47:55 PM »
thanks greg =] *hugs* u know what im like =]

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
just to remind everyone about the crnival and if you can come please can you put your name forward even if you have already so i can make a list and -mial the organiser back
cheers

Mini Ellis xx

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »
I don't mind, but only if its short, cos i lyk bouncign, not walking :(, o and like charli B said, water nearby is really important! (+ maybe free food as well  ;D)

Dark Knight

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »
I've got a camel drink backpack .... never used it always know there was a shop near by  :biggrin:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 11:20:53 PM »
yeah drinks and that could be an issue but it is worth investing in a drunk pack now going to e-mail the woman back about the points which have been raised.

Thanks eveyone

- Anyone else who wants to come is welcome just post up and say you want to

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
would love to come, will sort summit out

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »
would love to come, will sort summit out
Brill =D hope you can make it =]

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
Hi all i have had another e-mail so pleaswe let me know what siz t-shirt you want and any other questions, and i dunno if we want to be in two groups and swap half way if needed ??

Mini Ellis -

Hi Hannah and friends,

glad to hear from you!

yes, there will be water for you all, there will be a steward to pass it up.

The parade will start at the front of the Wolsey Theatre, then walk to the town hall. There will be a stop of 5 minutes on the Cornhill, then walking to the end of Tavern Street. A second group will walk from outside the co-op in Carr Street and join the first group in Northgate Street. We will all walk up Northgate Street, cross St Margarets Plain and enter the park by the Soane Street gates.

We will start at 1.30pm from the Wolsey and estimate we will arrive at the carnival site at the top end of the park at 2.15pm.

So, you can join the parade at the Wolsey, at the Town Hall, or at the Co-op.

I have carnival t-shirts if you would like. They are white with a funky drumming horse with flares playing a drum. You can colour in/decorate these!

If you're interested let me know what sizes etc. Also if you have family or friends supporting you they can have t-shirts too.

Also this Saturday we have a day of free carnival arts at the St Nicholas Centre. I have attached the advert.

Please send a short bit about your group so I can put it on our website!

regards

Blue

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »
anyone else wanna come ? ? lemme know asap

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 05:39:31 PM »
This is the lastest e-mail i have received

Hi hannah,
thanks for all of that!
have t-shirts and will post to you guys tomorrow. Please decorate as you want!
There is a small change with the parade- the borough council want to make a bigger event outside the town hall on the cornhill for the raising of the Olympic Flag. This will involve the Mayor and Olypians etc at 2.30pm
This will mean a change in time for us setting off from the Wolsey Theatre.
I am meeting with the borough tomorrow, so will be clearer about the times then.
regards
Blue

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 08:54:58 PM »
this all sounds kool,
i cant wait for it

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »
this all sounds kool,
i cant wait for it

Yeah its gonna be pretty big i reckon

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »
Just a quick reminder to everyone the carnival is on the 24th August, we dont have to do the whole parade so can drop out as and when, im waiting to hear back about t-shirts being posted to me and if we could have any crash mats for afterwards.

if anyone else would still like to come please let me know asap

i wil send out an e-mail to everyone i have on the list so far about where to meet etc

Thanks

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »
heya

If you can come brill we will be meeting on the 24th August at the Wolsey Theatre Ipswich the times are being confirmed at the moment. I will get T-shirts out ASAP
you may have read this before but this is the parade - their has been an extra bit added

There is a small change with the parade- the borough council want to make a bigger event outside the town hall on the cornhill for the raising of the Olympic Flag. This will involve the Mayor and Olypians etc at 2.30pm

The parade will start at the front of the Wolsey Theatre, then walk to the town hall. There will be a stop of 5 minutes on the Cornhill, then walking to the end of Tavern Street. A second group will walk from outside the co-op in Carr Street and join the first group in Northgate Street. We will all walk up Northgate Street, cross St Margarets Plain and enter the park by the Soane Street gates.

We will start at 1.30pm from the Wolsey and estimate we will arrive at the carnival site at the top end of the park at 2.15pm.

So, you can join the parade at the Wolsey, at the Town Hall, or at the Co-op.

Thanks i will update you with meeting times and we dont have to do the whole parade so if anyone has a good idea of ipswich and wants to point out a good place to stop at then we can go to the park and wait for everyone to arrive for circus stuff.

If you cannot come please let me know - also if you wanna bring extra bockers your welcome =]

Thanks,

Mini Ellis xx

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
all i got to say now is

where is the best place to park my car?? postcode etc

as well if any one wants a lift from the A12 area i can pick them up and bring then