Author Topic: Things do make sure you do  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
Things do make sure you do
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »
Having just wrecked my knee I thought it best to tell everyone to remember a few important things when bocking.

Make sure your Knee Bar is at the correct hieght before going on your bocks and make sure that the nuts and bolts holding it in place are tightened every so often.
Earlier today, my knee bar slipped down no more than a few inches and because of this, allowed my leg to twist around inside the strap. With my lower leg twisting, it pulled my muscules around my knee while almost dislocating it. There was a loud pop and alot of fluid movement.

So its now all bulbous and swollen and I cant put much pressure upon it without it hurting.

Im not sure if Calfcuffs would have the same issue or even Pinhead straps but I wouldnt have thought so.

Pads help a great deal, never forget them :thumbs:
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
Re: Things do make sure you do
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »
I fear you're kinda closing the gate after the horse pi$$ed off Mr Zero!!!! Me being the kind of prudential kind of fellow I am,I took a pair of 13mm spanners and some silicone grease to my stilts before I tried them on for the first time....But then, I'm a geek...."Pre-flights" are a good thing. That, I learned flying model helicopters.....Hope your knee gets better real soon mate!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :banana:

-Nobby

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
ouch. hope it gets better soon. and you get out bocking again soon.  :thumbs:

knee injuries suck.

x

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
I fear you're kinda closing the gate after the horse pi$$ed off Mr Zero!!!! Me being the kind of prudential kind of fellow I am,I took a pair of 13mm spanners and some silicone grease to my stilts before I tried them on for the first time....But then, I'm a geek...."Pre-flights" are a good thing. That, I learned flying model helicopters.....Hope your knee gets better real soon mate!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :banana:

-Nobby

Pre-flights are always better than Post-flights Nobby  :haha: or in a bad case Post-mortems

Having said that I was testing a new mod today (more later) and after a few adjustments went bocking for 20 mins
To cut a long story short you know the big bolts holding the footplate to the upright behind your leg well I would suggest retightening them after adjusting the footplate angle  :haha: yep I forgot and had actually lost a nut without realising it (I did hear something drop half way round  :biggrin:)

Very lucky nothing parted company but they did feel strange just couldn't figgure out why  :haha:

Hope the knee gets better soon Rod

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
yay rod i think thats what i did, did u hear loud crack come from your leg that you hurt to