Author Topic: FireBocks  (Read 5346 times)

Offline Red_romper

FireBocks
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »
I've been watching too may fire poi and fire breathing videos on youtube and it gave me such a brilliantly dangerous idea. It involves fire proof clothing, fireproofing bocks (which I wouldn't know how to do), dousing them in parafin and seting them on fire. Would look amasing at night and in photos just may be a little deadly. Any thoughts on how it could be done in the safest way possible.

Red :scool:

click for details

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
Re: FireBocks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »
attach a metal rod to the under neath of the foot plate with a rag attached then douse it is parafin and it will be like a torch infront.

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:12 PM »
attach a metal rod to the under neath of the foot plate with a rag attached then douse it is parafin and it will be like a torch infront.
OR
Attach a pole to the metal frames of hoofs . These would wave about as the spring bends  :thumbs:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
u guys r forgeting fire hot melt foot plate and spring covers and make bocks rilly suitty i have a fire staf and i have burnt mysellf many times it just wouldent work on bocks

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
yeah gregs right and

fireproof clothing is only prevention against fire and isnt ment to be used as a guard against fire as it will burn through eventually
as my brother autograsses and has to wear alot of fire proofs for obv reasons and if they were to catch fire they would only protect him for so long, and so for them to work his overalls are very baggy otheriwse it will burn skin immeditely...not to mention that taking them off would be diffiult and it would prob melt the entire bock and make the frame practically untouchable

Fire is to be used in somethings like fire staffs poi etc...so maybe it should stay their =D

Mini Ellis xxxx

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »
u guys r forgeting fire hot melt foot plate and spring covers and make bocks rilly suitty i have a fire staf and i have burnt mysellf many times it just wouldent work on bocks
Like to make a bet on that  :biggrin:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »
a bet on wat that you could make some fire bocks

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:26:45 PM »
greg dont stop DK i wanna see him set himself on fire lol

jack

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »
A few of things to remember here Guys and Gals

Fire by its nature rises so setting fire to something beneath you is a bit like the way you light a bonfire eventually the top burns  :biggrin:

So if you can flip constantly it may keep the flames contained around the bock area  :haha:(but don't hold me to that  :biggrin:)

Lighting a fire below a person was a very successfull way of dealing with Witchcraft in the middle ages (but it didn't go to well for the witches  :biggrin:)

Also alluminium alloy melts at quite a low temperature and softens at an even lower one
Glassfibre looses it's integrity at a fairly low temperatue (the resin melts) and your springs will go very soft

So to sum up setting fire to your bocks might not be a good idea  :haha:

But I'm always game for a laugh (so long as I'm not the one on fire  :haha:) so don't let me stop you  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »

jack
Here I am setting myself on fire  :Dark_Knight:

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
Hmmm this idea may require some more thinking time and maby some parafin soaked rags on the ends of long stics tokeep the fire away from the bocks.

Red :scool:

click for details

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 11:44:27 PM »

jack

haha ivset my face on fire by accident dint get it on film tho :-\ but i have a vid of me sttin nurrish body alight :biggrin:

Jack

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
Shadon was talking bout adding fire to his bocks - think it was more bursts of fire though.
Can always go with the pyrotecnics that they use in this video:
[youtube=425,350]1DngwPNVpBo[/youtube]

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
Trusted Becky to find something better  :banana:
It says " DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME " doesn't say anything about outside  :biggrin:
How long is it to Nov 5th  ;D

Joking aside .... You shouldn't play with fire  :thumbs:

Offline magzzie

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »

[/quote]

Arent those fire balls?

Offline magzzie

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 06:49:52 PM »
you could always fire proof the springs and do what they/he did in the vid

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
Also alluminium alloy melts at quite a low temperature and softens at an even lower one
Glassfibre looses it's integrity at a fairly low temperatue (the resin melts) and your springs will go very soft
And also your body/clothes/face might melt too ;D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »
And also your body/clothes/face might melt too ;D

Yeah Sprog
But I was only worrying about the important things like Bocks  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
Paraffin:
Paraffin (also known as kerosene in the US and other places) is the cheapest fuel around and very easy to get hold of in most petrol stations and hardware shops. Although a little smokey, it is the preferred fuel for most fire performers. It burns at a relatively low temperature and is not explosive like petrol (which must not be used under any circumstances). Although it is probably the safest fuel around for fire juggling and spinning, it is still dangerous and should be treated with care and respect. Proper safety precautions should be followed at all times. Watch out for aqueous paraffin sold in continental europe which is sometimes sold as paraffin. This stuff is not liquid enough and ends up spitting little drops of burning liquid everywhere.

Kerosene:
Kerosene is the same stuff as paraffin. The name kerosene is used in the US and Australasia. Refer to paraffin for details.

Lamp oil:
Lamp oil is also quite popular in the fire toy world. It costs a little more than paraffin but burns much cleaner (less smokey). Lamp oil also burns at a relatively low temperature so is well suited to the skill. As with all fuels, it is still dangerous and should be treated with care.

Fire water:
If you can find it, this is probably the best fuel on the market to date. As far as we are aware, you can only get hold of this in Australia. We have been asked many times whether or not we could import the stuff, and the answer is simple: it’s illegal to post flammable liquids.

Barbeque lighting fuel:
Barbeque lighting fuel can be used if you cannot find any of the suitable fuels mentioned above. Although it works well, it burns at a higher temperature than paraffin and is therefore not recommended.

White spirit, methylated spirits:
These fuels do work but are not recommended as the fumes they release are toxic, and the flames are very hot. Instead, go down to your local petrol station and get yourself some paraffin. I know its easier to dig out a bottle of white spirit from your garage, but its not worth the risk.

Petrol:
NEVER USE PETROL, EVER. Petrol does not burn, it explodes. If you try and use petrol you will hurt yourself and others around you. You cannot dilute it, you cannot make it safe and you cannot use it as a temporary substitute. PETROL IS NOT A SUITABLE FUEL.

Diesel:
NEVER USE DIESEL. It is not suitable and may be very dangerous depending on the temperature of your wicks. DIESEL IS NOT A SUITABLE FUEL.