Author Topic: DONT JUMP on PJ's until you do this!!  (Read 1821 times)

Offline superfly-rico

DONT JUMP on PJ's until you do this!!
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
GUYS EVERYBODY MUST ADJUST THE KNEE BARS BEFORE GOING ON PRO JUMPS!

It does say within the instructions, but as we all know it takes ages to digest the needlessly complicated jargonised bumf they give you, except it could save yo life!!

We always do a SAFETY CHECK everytime we put them on, and we adjust every new pair to suit our dimensions.

IT IS VITAL YOU ADJUST THE KNEE BAR TO AVOID DAMAGING YOUR KNEES AND WORSE!!

Cheers, Ricochet (PJ Display Team)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: DONT JUMP on PJ's until you do this!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 12:44:54 PM »
I agree, for weeks my knee bars were left as they came out the box. I assumed they were set at a default height and they felt fine to me. Now I've adjusted them I find its much more comfortable and I'm more confident on them.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR NUTS ARE TIGHT TOO!
(not those nuts you dirty b*stards)

Offline stevie

Re: DONT JUMP on PJ's until you do this!!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
defo, wen i started the team i took it upon myself to bang a pr of pjs to the limit of destruction, what i found was interesting, i pass on tips to the rest of the team as we go thrugh diferent levels, eg the knee bar most people know to move it to a comfy level near the knee this is comon practice, but for safety if you knee pad and bar are not corect inline it could be danger, iv had a bar snap it saved a knee thanks to the knee pad being in the corect place under the bar, its better to snap a bar rather than a knee, i have a design for an emergancy brake but this will take time to convince the right peeps, ther are many ways to improveĀ  your performanc and im always willing to pas on info just ask, im the oldest in the team and i run it as an instructor im not the best performer i concentrate on safety and traing the team, i do have my individual skill which realy works at shows, each member has his/her own skill which we featur at shows.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 01:41:42 PM by stevie »