Author Topic: How often do you use your bocks?  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Springer

How often do you use your bocks?
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »
Just curious :) Since I got my bocks I have been using my bocks as often as possible depending on weather, but it'll probably change when I have to go back to school :(
So, how often do you bock?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: How often do you use your bocks?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
as long as it'sabove -5 degrees, the wind is less than 40 knots and the rain is less than drizzle i'll bock, try to fit in as much as i can, even if it means bocking round the campus at 3am once my works finished

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:27:45 PM »
so before darf will bock he gets his windspeed meter out his rain detector and makes shore he lays down grit on the road hell also put up a no cars people aliens planes helicopters or anyone other than bockers sign near his house

so he dosent bock much :D   (btw its ment to be a joke :) )

but there isnt a strictpolasy on using them if u dnt use em then ur choice :P but hu dosent wanna use em really i use mine wen ever i can but i use em for a hour break for a week coz my knees are still f***ed so i cant do any proper bocking :( but yer if they were better id use em at least 4 times a week XD  :X-Smile:

Me and Jess  :m_kiss:

(^^ yes its my new sig :P)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 09:30:00 PM by Spud »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:26:01 PM »
Me and Jess  :m_kiss:

(^^ yes its my new sig :P)

Somebody delete that emote before I puke  :haha:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:29:42 PM by Spud »

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
 :m_kiss: Well i'm not gonna use it any more after this, i'm already a bit of a flirter, so i'm changing to  :Hoofies2: the old dyson DCO1 vacuum cleaner
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:01:55 PM by Trip »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
Most days
as long as

I'm not to badly broken  :haha:  :grin_santa: (even then if I can get round the wife  :biggrin:)

Hey Trip thats not a Dyson thats a Hoofie  :biggrin: I'd have you under Patent Laws If I'd patented them   :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »
Hey Trip thats not a Dyson thats a Hoofie  :biggrin: I'd have you under Patent Laws If I'd patented them   :haha:

Ha ha well it does look a little bit like a Dyson, but it could just be me.. This ( :banana:) honestly looks like my brother on a night out after half a can of Fosters so please don't sue me..

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »
Funny that I think  :banana: looks like me on Bocks

Don't worry Trip with the amount of modifications I've done on Bocks I'm to busy running from the Boeck family to sue anyone  :haha:

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
AS MUCH A PROSIBAL

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
now back on topic

i dont use mine as much as i should :x_stress:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »
3-4 times a week. Less in the winter and more in the summer if we get one.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 12:07:10 PM »
more in the summer if we get one.
:haha: and aint the truth

I try to bock every day. Sometimes happens sometimes doesn't. My village completely sucks for bocking because there are no steps or anything and the ground is all uneven and I find when I jump on the huh. One spring compresses more and I go on a wobbly LOL

Also this time of yea I don't bock that much coz I don't like it in the dark. When it's not hols I leave in the dark and get home in the dark.  Has the winter solstice been?

:spudT:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:09:09 PM by Spud »

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »
yep spud winter solstice is on the 21st of december

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
yep spud winter solstice is on the 21st of december

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:spudT:

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »
lol days get longer from now on  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:49:35 PM by Stewart »

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
I'm ashamed to say I've only used mine 10 or 11 times since I got them. I really enjoy it but the knee-bars kill the inside of my right leg. I find it really, really painful. Which is weird considering I have a high pain threshold. The proof of which is that I've been sent home from hospital twice with broken wrists without a cast, because the doctors said if they were broken I'd be in more pain. :rolleyes: Only to find out 2 weeks later that they were indeed broken. I hate hospitals!

Aaaanyway, I'm making it my new years resolution to use my bocks as often as possible. I think I'm gonna get some cuffs in the hope that they'll be more comfortable. I had loadsa fun on them at Halloween, scaring the kiddies, and it was fun trying sideflips with a crashmat. So this year (by this year I really mean 2009) I want to get reeeeally good on them! :)

Hmm... that might make a good thread actually. 'New Years Bocking Resolutions'
e.g. Learn to backflip, use them every day, learn new combo, etc. etc.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »
Wooo! Got my Bocks today at 6pm! Can already, just, walk on my own and do a jump of a couple of inches (while holding on :P) Hope to get started more tomorrow maybe, just maybe start fast walking or slow jogging :D.  I can now so far say that I use them everyday :D

Fysh

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 10:41:05 PM »
Brendan that sounds just like the pain I had when I first got mine

Simple answer get some cuffs they are so much better and you can offset the cuffs to change the ballance of the bocks to create equal pressure on both sides of your leg

Also check your bocks for straightness (you can adjust them with a mixture of realigning the washers outside the bearings and adjusting the side supports)

If you get to a meet that I'm at you canhave a go on mine and see the difference it can make

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »
Thanks dude. That sounds great. :) I really enjoy it, but can't seem to ignore the pain for more than 20 minutes at a time. It really put me off. But I do seriously intend to get good on them this year. I was pretty pleased with my first attempts at flipping. So if I can bock in comfort, I'm sure I'll be on them all the time. :)

Let me know if you're ever in Birmingham. I'm working there til January 17th. Especially let me know if there's a gym meet so I won't kill myself getting used to them again. ;) Thanks for the advice.

:new_year:
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »
Hi Brendan

Sadly I'm not much of a traveler and tend to stay down south (I get nose bleeds if I go to far north must be the altitude  :haha:)
But we do have gym meets down here if your ever down south or we could meet up at next years CB and try to sort them then

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »
Hi Brendan

Sadly I'm not much of a traveler and tend to stay down south (I get nose bleeds if I go to far north must be the altitude  :haha:)
But we do have gym meets down here if your ever down south or we could meet up at next years CB and try to sort them then

Ok cool. :) Maybe I'll join the competition and try get some cuffs that way. :)
Hmm... I can't win with the best trick... maybe the most spectacular bail. ;D