Author Topic: parent :banghead:  (Read 2336 times)

Offline bugg

parent :banghead:
« on: December 23, 2008, 06:40:14 AM »
Does any body have any ideas to help convince parents ?
I'm in high school and unfortunately very klutzy
( i know great choice of hobbies)
help please ! :angel:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: parent :banghead:
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
uhmm, firstly promising to always wear pads etc, and be sensible is the main thing, strange thing is some people who bang into stuff and all over all the time on foot just don't on bocks

could buy them a set for christmas knowing they won't like it :D

Offline Springer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
My parents were completely unconvinced but I was very lucky and managed to have a meet in my area to try out some bocks :) My parents agreed to getting me some for Christmas afterwards, because they knew I could actually walk on them (my balance isn't perfect) and I had a really good time :)
Good luck!

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
With xmas over and your still after stilts you either now have to save up or hope someone will buy you a pair. Thier safe to a piont but you could say the same thing about most things, what you have to show are the good points of Bocking. Sometimes grown ups just don't get it and you feel your banging your head against a wall !
Here a topic started sometime ago it long but hopefully will be of help to you ?
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=725.0

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »
I am a parent myself so can understand some of the issues

best thing is to talk to your olds and find out what the reasons are for thier negativity. It could be

Frightened you will hurt yourself
Another costly fad

If you are serious probably the best thing to do is get to a meet with your parents and show them its fun and reasonably safe.

Talk to them and agree a course of action, most parents are not negative for the fun of it just concerened and /or uninformed

Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
I'm glad Charlie B posted something, like he says his a daddy bocker  :)
There's been a couple of family groups in the past and where you may not get your mms and dads to put a pair on, you can't still tell them their poeple that's their age bock and we all can't be mad ( well we could but you shouldn't tell them that bit  ;)  )