Author Topic: Iiii've Just had... A New Idea  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Iiii've Just had... A New Idea
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
Right, i've read a lot of articles about people injuring themselves when landing badly, so i've just thought, why not someone (may be me... when i get my bocks) make a tutorial on How To Fall Over (without injuring yourself[too much])

I don't know why, but i'd actually quite like to make that :P I'd also obviously include tips on wearing correct safety gear and stuff, but of course, if somebody beat me to it and made one, i wouldnt mind, lol...

What do you think? anyone who'd like to make a tutorial? or any ideas?

Mattias 'Kaz'

Offline da_monk

Re: Iiii've Just had... A New Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
if i can fined a camra  id hav lots of clips of me stacking lol

but ye i think it will b cool

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:59 PM »
Sorry to be the damper Kazbahn but if you mean this sort of thing

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2232.0

As you can see Brendan (NeoNinja) has done something about Breakfalls and seems to know what he's on about but all info is good info so if you have a new insight into safe ways to fall and how to practice them I'm all ears mate  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
 :haha: I was looking for that post when my dad phoned (OMG half marathon this year  :o I'm now off for a run LOL)

Brendan's way is good, but another way to fall is when you do put your hands out (with wristies of course) Try not to tense up and when your wrisguards hit the floor let them slide, it a pain free way of falling, I did however break a set of wristguards at norwich tho, but tahst what they are there for  :thumbs:

:spudT:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »
:haha: I was looking for that post when my dad phoned (OMG half marathon this year  :o I'm now off for a run LOL)

Brendan's way is good, but another way to fall is when you do put your hands out (with wristies of course) Try not to tense up and when your wrisguards hit the floor let them slide, it a pain free way of falling, I did however break a set of wristguards at norwich tho, but tahst what they are there for  :thumbs:

when i almost hit that baby i did that, but also turned it into a sideways roll...works if you have kneepads etc...i didn't

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »
NUMPTY  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
yeah but ah well, only knee injury on bocks so far, and was just a bad graze, now turned into a scar that's gone all red and blackish, probably not a good sign

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
the creature of the black lagoon has attacked it. I was called that because i brought lurgey and viruses. INFECTED

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:01 PM »
now turned into a scar that's gone all red and blackish, probably not a good sign

Dont worry, i've got a scar on my elbow where i came off my bike on gravel, it's mostly a dark-ish grey, with pink edges, it's also all indents and weird and stuff... i think it's just trapped bits of grit and stuff.... if it's healed fine other than the colour, i dont think there should be anything wrong :P

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:36:17 PM »
Also, i've just had a look at that fall tutorial that Jason posted the link to, it's good, but i think i'll show a few other ways to land more softly... after all, i've taken my fair share of falls, i'm pretty good at not breaking myself. lol

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »
Also, i've just had a look at that fall tutorial that Jason posted the link to, it's good, but i think i'll show a few other ways to land more softly... after all, i've taken my fair share of falls, i'm pretty good at not breaking myself. lol

Famous last words!
greg said ahh ive never broken a bone before, then done his ankle in be careful!!

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »

greg said ahh ive never broken a bone before, then done his ankle in be careful!!

Dont worry, I've Never Broken A Bone Before, it's unlike to happen now :D .... *waits for Fate... is ready with a pistol  >:D*

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
 :rolleyes: I am almost looking forward to this  :D Not really, go touch some wood or something

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:59 AM »
Break falls have been used and perfected by a number of sports as well as stuntmen and also the armed forces

The idea is to not present a straight limb and to roll into the motion to dissapate its force. Brendans info is very good in showing how this is done.

The only issue with bocks is that you cannot roll fully to return to a standing position. So you end up using a version of the parrachute landing where you roll across a shoulder and lay your feet out.

Interested to see any other ideas as always.
Grow old disgracefully

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:21:59 AM »
I once high sided off a motor bike !
I mean thrown over the bike the bike below me.
I was doing about 50mph and landed squarely on my back  :o
I didn't roll and as I slide some 100 meters down the road I put my palm ( gloved ) on the ground. Once I'd stopped I looked at my bare palm, glove was ripped to bits I got up and when to work  :o
What there for makes the best back armour ?
A remote controled car in it's polystyrene box ! LOL

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
I am always interested in ways to stop falling hurting  :haha:

I have fallen (been thrown actually  :biggrin:) off of so many horses so many times that I didn't worry about it
Right up until the last fall I had (1/2 rotation 1/4backflip  :haha:)
Got back on and rode for another 1/2 hr (did take me a while to get up off the floor first  :biggrin:)

2 weeks late (and 3 women nagging me) I went to the doctor her coment of "You poor dear your lucky you can still walk" sort of bought it home how lucky I was

So just goes to show even with years of experience you can still get it baddly wrong

By the way Mini Ellis good luck with the new career move  :biggrin: you'll learn to bounce quick in that sphere  :nana:
And they teach you how to fall and not get trampled  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2: