Author Topic: High Jump Bars  (Read 6908 times)

Dark Knight

High Jump Bars
« on: January 09, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
I work in a wood yard and had been working on making high jump bars, a bit like Charlie B's.
But was thinking of making them big over 2 meters !
Being solid would mean they would be hard to transport I could make to so the come in half but would raise the cost a bit.
Would it be worth making them in halfs as it would add 50% to the cost ( but I'm keep the pricr as low as I can ).
what do you think ?

Offline masterking09

Re: High Jump Bars
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
i would recomend making it so u can take it in half.  i made mine 2 meters at first too, but then i realized i couldnt fit it in small cars.  i had to cut it down.  i was planning on making so it can easily com in half now.  anyway, if i were u i would do it some it comes apart in half from the beginning.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »
I'm about set to make some and for the YBB's.

Has I said I'm making them over 2 meter and now someone has jumped 2.2 I think I was right to think that. Will we see a 2.5 meter jump this summer !?

Fitting in a small car would be tricky but I've altered the design now. It's only about 1.4 meters high now but can be made to reach 2.5. It still may not fit in small cars but you could alway use a roof rack ?

They'll only going to cost a couple of pound so if anyone see them at Lincoln and want's a set, then maybe you could buy them off me there and I'll make more LOL