Author Topic: SQUEEZING my feet  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Mr. Carmichael

SQUEEZING my feet
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
The instep strap is really squeezing my feet like wearing ice skates too long.
First I wore a pair of trainers then I used some stiff hiking leather boots instead which made it better but my foot still feels like it's in a vice. I can't use my super stiff winter hiking boots because the straps aren't long enough to go around them. Any help?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:40:39 PM by Mr. Carmichael »

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Re: SQUEEZING my feet
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
Erm post people wear skate shoes dude, ermi know this is gonna sound sarky but have you tried not doin the straps up to tight lol

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
hi, i used to suffer from this , but it is one off two things ,

1;
      your knee bar is not in the centre , so moving your knee inwards causing the pressure on your instep.

2;
   your spring is not lined up , causeing your footplate to be un level . can be checked by using the jason string method ( not sure were the thread is ) them you can level by use of stabliser bars.

hope this helps

chris

Offline Mr. Carmichael

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
I don't have a kneebar I have a calf cuffand I'm pretty sure everything's level on it.

By Skate shoes do you mine like an average pair of vans?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
Have you got the standard stock bindings or Pro Evo-2's? If it's the stock ones, try upgrading to the Evo-2's, much more comfortable.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
By Skate shoes do you mine like an average pair of vans?

yea, nice big fat ones, not the silly skinny ones worn while slitting wrists & crying to MCR

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »
1) Converse Shoes are ridiculously comfortable
2) MCR are actually very good :P

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
Check your cuffs are in the middle. Does it feel you are putting more weight on one side of your foot? If it does, even just a little it might be worth moving it a little. Also, the upgraded bindings help a lot too but I tend to still feel it after a while. I like them done up real tight tho...

:spudT:

Offline Mr. Carmichael

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Fixed it. I just had them strapped in way too tight feels great when waering my vans but GOD do those things do a number on your calves!!! Thanks for the help.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
oh yeah whos good i knew they were done up to tight lol

Offline ArticWolf

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:09 AM »
My first post here. lol I figured you guys were talking about almost the same problem, I have kinda the same problem as Mr. Carmichael as I like my feet tight too. I have Hybrid Poweriser Advanced 70-90's/riser 70-90 springs on ProJump frames, calf cuffs, Evo ? binding's (That's the way I got them) They feel like the outside of my heel is leaning down. lol I use skate shoes when I use my stilts. Should I do the string method because when my binding's are loose they still fills like there leaning.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:29 AM »
Try adjusting your footplates first.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 08:08:17 AM »
Yes. Do the thing with the piece of string (jasons thing) too see if they are on the huh. Then adjust them (support rods) if needed. It might take some getting used to but it helps with jumping to have the footplates heel down. But not as much as sprog does :P

Offline ArticWolf

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, Physical therapy sucks.  :Cerr: I found out what it was I used the string and it seems that it's level, so I eliminated that problem and found out what the problem was, I can't believe I overlooked it.  :Cmad: I was checking my old foot pads and they were wearing on the outside of the foot pad's. I think that is were I am getting that slight lean from oh well. The leaning is gone now that I put the PJ legs on them, I think that I need to quit walking on sidewalks that are leaning.  :Cnotworthy: lol Is there any other ways to keep the foot pads from wearing like this again? Plus I need different shoes too, My stilts don't like wide feet. lol  :Cnah:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
Check out the mods section at http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?board=36.0 there is a sticky topic on how to make tyre socks and there is lots of different methods in there. Also in the same section you will fine Hoofies MK3 you can buy these from Jason and they currently last a lot longer than anything on the market. These are a direct replacement for the bolt on rubber on the projump feet.