Author Topic: New NorthEast Bocking Group  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Canned-Heat

New NorthEast Bocking Group
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
Ok guys and gals

With some help off a mate of mine (Tom Savage) also a fellow bocker, we have managed to find a few more people in and around the northeast area who share the same passion of wanting to be a kangaroo on speed.

So i have decided that a northest bocking group is well overdue. We have a few names already but we are on the hunt for as many as possible so if your out there and would like to join or know please e-mail me on lee.bolam@dur.ac.uk or reply on hear.

We have no name or meeting place as yet but we are working on those and open to any suggestions.

So far we have people in:
Newcastle x4
Stcokton x1
Midlesbrough x1
Redcar x1

So we are looking for a meeting place somewhere in the middle thats is good for bocking, so again we are open to suggestions.

in the mean time maybe we could arrange a meet sometime in next few weeks and some fun :)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: New NorthEast Bocking Group
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
the bouncing peoples republic of the powerbocking embassy for the most northeasterly province of the united kingdom
FTW!!
welcome, group with no name, from me and all of sky high :Cbiggrin:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »
Don't you welcome them for me Nero! I HATE their guts! >=[

(lol - Just playing. Yay for new group! ^_^)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »
Hey cheers sky high:) i s**t me self when i read that first bit of Brendans message then i read the rest of your messgae haha where are u guys mainly based at?

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »
Lol - Awesome. Halloween isn't even here yet and I'm already scaring people.

We're mostly based around Birmingham, where we currently have a gym sesh on Tuesdays.
Feel free to come gym jam with us! =]
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
Where abouts is the gym? bit of a long way to come bounce in a gym for a few hours lol its atleast a 3 hour drive to brummy land from where i live and 4 hours for those who live in newcastle i think. But if you could arrange to have the gym for a whole weekend that might be worth  a trip down :)  cos we dont have a gym hear we can priactice on so it would be cool to come to yours and im sure u wouldnt mind showing me where im going worng. i only been bouncing now for 1 month lol and 2 of those weeks i hurt my back lol.

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
By the way, i don't actually live in newcastle, i live 50 miles north, hence i'm keen to see it in newcastle, and not too much further south that we usually meet :D as a teenager, i'm rather short on transport at the moment... hah...

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
yeyyy kangaroos on speed! i can't wait for the new bocking group!! :D
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »
We have no name or meeting place as yet but we are working on those and open to any suggestions.

So we are looking for a meeting place somewhere in the middle thats is good for bocking, so again we are open to suggestions.

Why are you getting so obsessed with finding somewhere central
its not important, we can spread meets around - i've done it before and its very easy so long as people are willing to put in the travel time
if we alternate where it is, costs will work out about the same as if we all went somewhere central anyway
if you cant afford it, then skip one out
public transport is better than its reputation - just get on the bus/train and do it - because a central meet wont work - we wont find anywhere perfectly central unless we're very lucky - and half the fun of the sport is trying out new and different places - not just going to the same spot every week - which to be honest, gets a little boring

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
i'd be willing to go to newcastle as long as i can scam a lift off lee  :Cwink:

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Yep your right Hilly, I drive and im willing to take extras would make it cheeper all round then to, spreading the cost n all that.

the hardst part is finding places. i had a quick look round durham centre yesterday and thats no good to bock i dont think cos its all cobble stones which im guessing is not good is that right?

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »
check out bock spots section - prissick plaza - it is made of win - plus there's a park with some funky lookin benches we're trying out saturday - i havent tried the other park yet - but will do in due course

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »
yeh we can check it out. your Jacub arent ya? the guy meeting us on sat morning in boro?

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
yep he is =] weel have a wander over to prissick plaza that morning if you fancy it and its close enough :P

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
yeh sure why not, have my cuffs turned up yet  tom?

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
yeah =] theyre here

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »
yep he is =] weel have a wander over to prissick plaza that morning if you fancy it and its close enough :P

ah - i thought we might hit that snag - turns out its gonna take twice as long to walk to Marton as i thought - im still up 4 it - but its been a long while since ive done an hours walk i may need a long break before bocking again after that

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
im gonna ring the ranger now and see if weel actually be aloud on it

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
were not allowed into prissick plaza  :Ccry:  just rang the ranger and asked

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 02:31:27 PM »
bull!! i'll email him when i'm free and get a proper argument outta him first - cos that place is too good if we can event book it, we'll own