Author Topic: Clothing over your stilts?  (Read 8173 times)

Offline child-prey

Clothing over your stilts?
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
is thier any shops or any thing online that any body knows of wer you can get hold of clothing to go over your stilts??? i saw thies people on them nd they had trousers and wierd things going off at download festival, ive looked all over the web but i just cnt find any thing n e ideas ???

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Clothing over your stilts?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
Hey the trousers you are refering to are custom made, as far as I'm aware there isnt someone who sells them as yet!

Swebounce wear them in their performances too. Have a look on www.Swebounce.com

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
is thier any shops or any thing online that any body knows of wer you can get hold of clothing to go over your stilts??? i saw thies people on them nd they had trousers and wierd things going off at download festival, ive looked all over the web but i just cnt find any thing n e ideas ???

Enough of the crap spelling already!!!! it's making my eyes bleed. If you have trouble spelling, spell check or keep a dictionary handy. It doesn't cost anything to post so there is no need for text speak. Dont say it's because it's faster, that's what crap s***s say. Being English I should be able to understand what you are saying without having to decode it.

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:45:12 PM »

Enough of the crap spelling already!!!! it's making my eyes bleed. If you have trouble spelling, spell check or keep a dictionary handy. It doesn't cost anything to post so there is no need for text speak. Dont say it's because it's faster, that's what crap s***s say. Being English I should be able to understand what you are saying without having to decode it.
And this what you mean by english ?
already!!!!
I can't remember what four explanation mark mean ? Bring English I should know but can not.
Has for 'text speak' again I'm confused with the use of text that you have used ?
I quote
'what crap s***s say.'

I may not write incorrectly from time to time but at least make a piont of checking my own English before I comment on others.   :-\

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:55:33 PM »

Before I say anything please type all the word in full, your not charged per letter. Has for spelling it's a little off but most people know what you are trying to say, and maybe english is not your first language !

I don't like to cover stilts not then again I like the fur ones ! lol

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
I need to get hold of some brown fur for a reindeer costume, i'm advertising at Xmas on em  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »
I need to get hold of some brown fur for a reindeer costume, i'm advertising at Xmas on em  ;D
Cheats way of making them is sew fur on some leggings and then just add more length to them  8)
Fur's all right unless it RAINS DEAR  ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »
go kill a deer maybe?

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
Not Kidding, there is actually a reindeer farm about 10miles away, then i could have real horns as well!!!!   :D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »
ET, I understand your stance on bad spelling but sometimes a nice PM would work just as well ;)

If you and DK are let lose then almost 80% of the threads will end up looking the same lol

Chill out a little guys

Offline stevie

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 01:13:45 AM »
I mentioned some months ago that Claire was making costumed for stilts etc, you can pm me for further details, some of her work is at  www.liveonsky.blogspot.com hope this is of help to you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:23:30 AM by stevie »

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 11:29:26 PM »
I would some like this !

Maybe coold this time of year but come Spring ( Spring get it  :D ) would look great !

Did you know the DEVIL looks are base on PAN ( half man half goat )  8)

Offline stevie

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »
Something like this, the red legs on the bull are what your looking for i think, claire makes them in any colour, price depends on fabric you want, also do want them to cover the spring or have the spring spring showing thrugh as in the pics.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:41:06 AM by stevie »

Offline GRS

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:26 AM »
I may need some as well Stevie. Can you give us an idea on prices with pictures so I know what I would be looking at.
Thanks

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 09:22:41 AM »
ET, I understand your stance on bad spelling but sometimes a nice PM would work just as well ;)

If you and DK are let lose then almost 80% of the threads will end up looking the same lol

Chill out a little guys

I was tired..... I let lots of posts go with rubbish spelling, that one caught my eye at the wrong moment. I will step down off my bad spelling soap box and let it all float on by.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 10:22:59 AM »
I'm not having a go m8, and your tantrums are at times appreciated  ;) but sometimes your just a bit overly harsh!

A spell check is added to the forum but it needs to be supported by the server and unfortunately ours doesn't support it.

So guys give ET a break (his got no hair as it is!  :D ) and start using a Firefox browser as it has a built in spell check! ;)

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
if you haven't seen them already.. heres our Trousers we made..

MINE

JEEZBOs

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 11:57:58 AM »
They are really good Kiola, maybe a tutorial for wannabe tailors or you could start selling them too   :)

The classified section is ready but I haven't had a chance to upload anything onto it yet hence the delay in making it live. Once its up feel free to list them on if you want  ;)

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »
Id rather just let 'Stevie' (PM him for Details) sell them... me and Jeezbo don't have the time personally or the 'Get Go' to sell them our selfs..

although i made my own Red ones.. i have no idea of the Net or patterns to show any Wannabes that may want to do it them selfs...Sorry.. im the Wrong person to ask for such Help :P

K.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 12:10:38 PM »
Stevie's more than welcome to list them too lol

You really are a funny one K  ;D

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
Talk about bringing up an old topic ......i need help desperately. For halloween we have been asked to dress up and do some crowd entertaining for some drunks on the high street.

We desperately need to make some stilt  trousers that will make us look cool and more blended in instead of having metal showing.

If people could send me as much pics/ links/measurements or what ever of either your own stilts trousers or how you made them. I am totally desperate so all the help I could get would be great.

Either post here/pm me/ or email me at ricky@welshbockers.co.uk

much love
ricky
xxx
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>