Author Topic: jogging  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Martin

jogging
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:41:36 AM »
is anyone out there do serious running / jogging?  if so how far? i wish to jog 10 kms. is this possible?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: jogging
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »
Quite a few ask about this. Read a couple of threads. I did just remember a guy that said he ran to work and stuff on them. Saw him in norwich but anyway.. Its extremely difficult to sustain for a few 100 meters let alone km o.O

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2562.0

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3408.msg48545#msg48545

do check out the links. Both are people with ambitions like yours.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:56:02 AM by Spud »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
First question is can you jog 10k on your feet  :Cbiggrin:

If you can and don't mind building up to it I can't see why you shouldn't be able to eventually

I can't jog 100yrds on my feet due to lack of fitness and lazyness but I will happily jog twice that distance on bocks

We have had a lot of people on here say you can't run distances on them but as far as I know none of them was into long distance running before they took up bocking so it has not been proven either way

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline raz373

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:59 PM »
Im thinking about doing the london marathon on them, and I think it will be possible to do 10 km's easily. Ive had them since February and I can already run to college and back on them. Which works out at about 12km in total a day, best fitness training ever. Just give it a go or you'll never know ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »
Good luck with the marathon mate
They have turned down someone before on HSE reasons (Like a guy dressed as a telephone box isn't dangerous  :Claugh:)

So I will be cheering for you to win  :Cbiggrin:

Offline raz373

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:58:04 PM »
Im not going to tell them, apparently if you get rejected 3 times from a place, your guarenteed a fourth, so im just going to go down there with my bocks, slip them on slyly and run away from anyone who tries to stop me, its not as though normal people can run at 30mph is it lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
if you run at a constant speed of 30mph for a marathon I will get a straw hat, cover it in ketchup, stick it on the barby for a few secs and eat the damn thing! I'm sure with training you can clock a speed around the 25/30mph mark but sustaining that is something else. I think it could be possible with some hybrid equipment and some serious training. say you do no running at all. I think to run a marathon at any speed is going to take like 3 years training. The first 1-2 probably just on foot and in the gym.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:13:28 PM by Spud »

Offline Martin

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »
 :Cerr: THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD SO FAR. YES I AM GOING TO BUY AND KEEP EVERYONE INFORMED OF HOW I GO. CAN YOU TELL ME IF YOU HAVE THE BAR OR CALF CUFFS. MY GOAL WOULD BE TO RUN A MARATHON AS WELL.  :Claugh:

Offline raz373

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »
Jees man lol, not gonna run the whole thing, it would probably be the shortest marathon in history, you'd probably finish in just under an hour at top speed :P

Offline timtom

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »
when i've run on my bocks i get the occasional over bounce. so like one leg does something weird! and then i get all worried and stop!

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
I've been jogging since november last year and can happily go out and run for 25 minutes plus 5 warm up walk and 5 cool down walk, so thought I would give it a go tonight on my bocks and compare the distance/speed.

Jogging on foot I can run 4 miles so average speed is 11.5 mph.

Jogging on bocks on the same route I can run 3 miles and average speed is 8.6mph.

Today is hot and stuffy, plus I was wearing crap trainers, so I will have to try again, and see if I can beat it. It's really hard work and I can't run for very long on the bocks. Trying to make it as smooth as possible but as timtom said every now and then one leg will do something weird and feel that it's then time to slow to a walk, but think this should resolve with pratice.

Would be cool to be able to run for 25 minutes at 25-30 mph. I wouldn't need the car to get to work, would be quicker to bock!

Good luck with the marathon, it must be doable.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:53 PM »
The art to running with Bocks is to sort of bounce from one long stride to another and keep the movements slow but the strides long

I have seen a few people try to actually jog on them and it slows you right down as you have found out

I can jog all of 20 feet on my feet  :Claugh: but I can do several times that distance on bocks my main problem is lack of fitness and to much weight  :Claugh:

Keep trying though mate it will get easier