Author Topic: Please ask (N.E.W.C)  (Read 2460 times)

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
Please ask (N.E.W.C)
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
It Has recently come to my attention that the NEWC bockers have shirts printed, with a certain picture on the back! this picture is very familiar to me as i created it! and therefore i have the copyright to that image, meaning if someone wants to use it then they have to ask me first! I have had one person (they know who they are) pm me ad say they liked my image and could they get it printed on a shirt? this person was not part of the NEWC bockers, and therefore they do not have the right to that image. please if you want to use an image/graphic of mine contact me and ask first. The TVBockers were and are using that picture as their group emblem/sign, and this has kindof messed all that up, so please ask next time. (also if you copy and image without permission then you have to say who's it is and where it came from.

thanks

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
Re: Please ask (N.E.W.C)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
Well said Jordan, I agree with you 100%

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:37:19 AM »
I was not going to reply to this as it could well lead to some bad feeling between bockers and that’s no good to any one.  :Cnah:
But I also feel I mustn’t let the NEWCs be dragged down either.  :Cno:

So 1 reply only; :CGEEK:

The image was NOT copied it was drawn by hand straight on to the computer using MS Paint while looking at either a photo  or a still from a Utube video, which unfortunately I don’t have the original of but you may have a copy of it?
It was drawn along with a few other images for a T shirt design. The shirts were originally going to be green and a prototype was painted using fabric paint during last Christmas Holidays. Please see picture, and note the background. This T made another appearance at our gym meet in early march.   http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1972
Sadly you can’t see the back on that photo and my green shirt was never painted. However, the point is, this was all done before you posted your rendition of the image. I’m not stupid enough to offer this as conclusive proof that we had our version of the image before you posted yours, likewise your original post is not proof you had it first either, hence why we didn’t complain about you using our image. After all its not a brand logo or trade mark, it’s just a bocker doing a trick! So you and your friends wind your necks in and lets just say It was a good image that two people saw and produced their own versions of independently, one went on to the web the other onto a T shirt. The original bocker and cameraman would no doubt be pleased with end results.

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:04:25 AM »
therefore i have the copyright to that image, meaning if someone wants to use it then they have to ask me first!

i believe for legal copyright there's some documentation needed & in all honesty, this image is kind of generic.

plus when you said you made the picture - made it from a picture of your own tricks? one you found online - silhouetting a trick is easily done & could have been done to the same photo unless you did it from scratch (unlikely considering some of the details) or used your own picture & never posted the original online.

i'm trying to be an objective 3rd party, but i don't see any concrete evidence that gives you any right to be angry

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
for all of those out there who want to compare the two, look at the left picture on my signature and enlarge the picture of SNuD's T-Shirt and tell me they are not the same!!!!!!!!! They are identical (look percificaly at the hands and the left stilt).

In Reply to you SNuD, yes it is of my own picture!
this is the finished one

and this is the original image!!

And in reply to Hilly. You do not need documentation for copyright, it is an atomatic right given to the owner. (in this case me!)

this picture was made for my art gcse!

Yes SNuD i do not want to start a fight either, but im just a bit miffed that my image has been used, without permision or saying who/where it camefrom!!

jordan

(anyone who thinks those are the same images please post)
(if this persists i will photoshop one over the other and you will see that they are duplicates)

Offline Gemmzie

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
i agree with jordan and it is jordan's picture he drew it and he has all the prove if they wanted to use it they should have asked lets just hope they dont wear jordan's design on there tops for walk for life other wise there may be more face to face arguing jordan worked hard on that and it is unfair to steal his hard work

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

When rights occur

Copyright is an automatic right and arises whenever an individual or company creates a work. To qualify, a work should be regarded as original, and exhibit a degree of labour, skill or judgement.

i apologize - that was my mistake

the pictures do look nearly identicle, but - it is still possible that they have only silhouetted the same photo, possibly from a google image search, if the photo was previously posted, though, if taken directly from the forum, or knowing the photo was on the forum, it would be common courtesy to ask the subject and taker of the photo (seperate where applicable).

it does look like the pics were silhouetted seperately, if you note differences between SNuD's green shirt and Jordan's GCSE picture - mainly at the base of the rear foot, slightly more has been cut out of the area, as the foot doesn't quite meet the spring, the gap between the legs seems slightly larger, and the shirt is less billowed out at the back too

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2060

Posted by: madmonky13 26-04-2010, 15:44:21

this is still after when SNuD claims "their image" was used, however in the only photos, which i've seen uploaded, which actually have a date on them, there is no design on the shirts - and they're different colours to the ones used in the recent photos - it feels like something's missing & the whole truth isn't quite there IMO now i've had a closer look.

it is definitely from the same original image, so i dont see how it could have been done at christmas time, when it wasn't uploaded until April - unless previously uploaded elsewhere, but i don't know when it was taken

all in all, something doesnt add up & an apology looks to be owed

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:39 PM »
Thanks hilly. All I was looking for was an opoligy, because, it's my image and all in all them using it on their shirts has kindof messed up the fact that the tvbockers were and probably still are going to use that image as our main logo.

Thanks jordan
(glad you like my pic)
hope to see you all at walk for life