Author Topic: Looking For a ProJump Britians got Talent entry group 2010  (Read 6209 times)

Offline JMAPUK

Looking For a ProJump Britians got Talent entry group 2010
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »
As in the title really ladies and gents, i am looking to put a group together that can complete with the best of them for this year BGT show

If you're interested let me know

Regards

JMAPUK

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Looking For a ProJump Britians got Talent entry group 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:03:37 AM »
you know a a group of what was at the time probably one of the most talented bunch of people in the country tried it in 08 was it? i think they had 30 seconds on stage.

Not to put you off or anything, but i personally feel youll need a VERY GOOD mixed group of performers to do well, as just a group of bockers didnt seem to cut it.

Still always up for a laugh i may be interested depending on where your entering and the amount of time ill need to dedicate, maybe you could drop me a pm, or post with a bit more detail, what city will you be practicing in, for how long etc

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »
Agree you'd need to be doing more than flips and jumping around to impress. That parkour group a couple of years back seemed good at first and got through but failed on their second showing, I think you'd have to be doing lots of tricking and using things to bounce off of.

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
you just need a well rounded show, especially with spellbound winning the last one

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »
First up, who are you?

You wont get very far on an established forum looking for people to join up unless you give some info about you and some ideas to get people going.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »
I did have a bit of an idea about this when the first group got kicked so fast

Now don't get me wrong I am no where good enough to do this myself but as a few here will know I do have the odd good idea

Do some of the more adventurous bockers here (Nero  :Claugh:) think it would be possible to flip through a Fire Hoop  :Cbiggrin:
Of flip into and out of a 15 or so ft horizontal ring of fire suspended 4-5ft above the floor all in semi darkness  :Claugh:

Getting the idea yet

Now add this to some Devil/Imp costumes (fireproof preferably  :Cbiggrin:) and some guys/girls on stilts juggling fire staffs poi etc
And perhaps a nice backdrop

Pull that off (with no deaths) and I think you would probably get enough of a spectacle to get through the first round

But as usual don't blame me if you get you fingers (or any other bits ) burned

Jason  :Hoofies2: :Claugh:

Ps the hoops and rings could be the same ones but rotated on a single axis  (While you flip maybe  :Claugh:)
PPs I volunteer to man a fire extinguisher  :Claugh:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 10:46:16 PM »
Jason I think that we should try this out, ill get the hoop you do the flip :P or we could get Kiola to do it, I have always believed he is a Demi God and against gravity :P
DC

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
That would be enough to gain interest, to create that oh so necessary hook, but the next display would have to be more death defying to please Piers and Simon. Not that I am an expert but you need three rock solid performances, saving the biggest and best till last. As much as I love my bocks, and watching others on Youtube performing tricks because I'd love to do them, it is rather boring from an outside POV after a while. The danger is you'd just be a 'one trick pony' to coin a common Cowel phrase.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
Jason, when are we gonna start practicing?
Naz can we get some old springs to play with, me and k-rock have talked about bocking with our springs/stilts on fire, i think with jasons idea we are on to a winner, balls to people who have actual performing talent, set me on fire on stilts and we are onto a winner i say

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »
LOL balls to it, set nero on fire!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
I think he'd actually let you!  :Cerr:  :Cbiggrin:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »
nero can i have he job of putting you out.

drink enough beer so i can p**s over you  :Ctongue:and then hand you a point wile i am dousing you down

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »
You know me too well.

drink enough beer so i can p**s over you  :Ctongue:and then hand you a point wile i am dousing you down
PMSL dude ive seen you drink, you cant hold enough beer to put me out, but your watersport fetish disturbs me a lot.
i always knew there was something not right about you toddy

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
Ok you want a stage 2 to this after we set the stage on fire and get their interest

Part to is audience participation

We drag one or two of the judges onto the stage
Sit them on a chair and do multiple cross flips over their head (Like a motorcycle display team)

Only problem might be timing it so two of you don't get carried away and meet in the middle (and both fall on Simon  :Claugh:)
On the other hand that might win you the contest  :Claugh:

Stage 3
Ermm did you say fire don't  frighten you Nero  :Claugh:
And do you have a Nomex suit  :Cbiggrin: and lots of parrafin

Seriously though what we need it 3 spectacular routines containing fire/dry ice
And perhaps a very realistic looking brick wall made of paper to flip through
Or Sugar glass that looks spectacular as you go through it  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Ps I wil keep thinking of ways to kill Nero and K-rock and we should have a good act in a few weeks
PPs I was working on a set of fire stilts with one of the guys from LotR and they looked like they would work it you wore asbestos knickers  :Claugh:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
You know me too well.

PMSL dude ive seen you drink, you cant hold enough beer to put me out, but your watersport fetish disturbs me a lot.
i always knew there was something not right about you toddy

you have no idea nero. you havent seen my tail have you  :Ctongue:

and jason, lets do it, i will be up for fire bocking,

so we can have drunk bocking, fire bocking, ice bocking, errrrmm water bocking anyone??

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha ha! this has made me smile :) if you are setting stilts on fire id give shadon a shout - he was planning ways of attaching parafin jets to the stilts... nutters!!  :Becky:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
ha ha ha ha ha ha! this has made me smile :) if you are setting stilts on fire id give shadon a shout - he was planning ways of attaching parafin jets to the stilts... nutters!!  :Becky:

yeah i was thinking about Mr Fire when Jason brought up fire, me and k-rock also have someone working on attaching pyros to the stilts for an upcoming gig or ten.

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
Just attach some firework rockets to them :D

Being a bit of a nooooooob here... what do you do as a job Jason?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
Rather hard to explain mate as I am employed as a carpenter but do so many other things for the company

It's more the hobbys that cause the problems  :Claugh:

Horses
Archery (making bows & fletching)
R/C hellis
Model Engineering
Car Mechanics (including body work)
Electronics (building R/C kits)
Computers (building my own when needed)
Bocking (building my own bits)
Rebuilding my house  :Claugh: eight years and counting (Almost finished the plastering  :Claugh:)

And these are just the main ones  :Claugh:

Oh almost forgot I have just started Armouring (Jeeez chain mail takes some time to make  :Claugh: 4 hrs for 4 sq inches )

Think I'm spreading myself a little thin  :Claugh:

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »
Chain mail is time consuming I made a full shirt once... think it took like 2 weeks solid using 6mm split washers... no wonder they do it on machines these days :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
Now that is interesting I didn't realise they could make it by machine

Have you got any links to pics of the machine mate

And 2 weeks you must have been doing it 24/7  :Claugh: I recon 6 months min on mine

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
I wasn't working at the time, maybe it was three weeks, but no longer as it was done between two LARP quests which I did with my mates every 2-3 weeks back then. I also made weapons, armour and helmets from Closed Cell Foam and Latex  :D

It's all down to technique... I used a similar method to this (I made it like 15 years ago)

A chain mail machine

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:01:36 PM by FunkyCowie »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »
I love the jig mate  :Cbiggrin:

I have been making it by hand one ring at a time but I will be making a jig at work on monday

I tried the Molecule methoud but found that I was getting rings twisted and it was taking longer

Think the LotR machine is a bit overkill for me as I am only making one  :Claugh:

With the jig methoud you must have been resting half the time  :Claugh:

I wind my rings with a drill and cut with a dremmel have you an easier way  asa the rings end up a bit wide open

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
I was using stainless steel split washers like these so I just needed to close about 2/3 of them and open up 1/3 of them to connect then close using two sets of pliers, its cheating I know but still looks as good :D

I also made a leather jerkin using leather offcuts I bought from a motorcycle clothing manufacturer to go underneath to protect myself from sharp edges :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:52:46 PM by FunkyCowie »