Author Topic: Not really a stilt problem, more of a me problem...  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Not really a stilt problem, more of a me problem...
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
right, so some of you know as much, but i'll provide a little backstory, jus' in case

so i come to uni, met some other bockers, making some good friends, but for their own reasons, they've stopped bocking. with nobody to bock with, i don't use my stilts anymore really either, but i really want to, i miss it like nothing else. i'm too self-conscious to go out alone unless i can be awesome, but i need a gym to get awesome. there isn't anywhere i know of to go as a gym, where i can definitely stilt with correct equipment.

i mainly just want some advice. how do i get back into the sport, find a decent gym in the local vacinity & recruit new friends to have a bounce with etc etc.

i know some of it is probably me just being stupid, feel welcome to tell me so as long as you're nice about it, but if anyone has some helpful tips that might get me stilting again i'm all ears

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Not really a stilt problem, more of a me problem...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:39 PM »
1st off make sure the EA's give you a good time over the chrimbo hols.
2nd get in touch with RRParlbysomatorother, he is in the same boat as you  over in  Cumbria, where he has just started uni...atleast u will have some1 in same boat and will not be so alone and can bounce ideas off each other and possibly meet once in awhile.
3rd If friends have really deffinatly given up the bocking..do they want to sell their stilts? If yes  there r seeds of potential there. If you out and about on stilts  and peeps go ' oo wow i want some'   u can say   quick as a flash   ' i know some going cheap'
4th its hard work getting things going, accept that.
5th  think Santa may be kind to loads of really good children all around you this christmas
6th  I and others will get back to you. Basically no majic wand. Accept you will not be using them as much ( try convince yourself its due to weather)  maximise when you do use them .

Offline lynch

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
hey m8 one see if your uni will let you use their gym and that
two just go out on them and dont worry what people think if you do it im sure you mates will think the hell with it ill get back on mine and if people up there see you on them ask if they want a go and get them up on them somtimes this helps to get others to buy them

hope ive helped mate but dont worry what people think of you on them you love it so do it :)

let me know how it goes with the uni and trying to get others into it :P

also im hoping to go to uni of cumbria so if you up there hopfully i will be there next year

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »
1st off make sure the EA's give you a good time over the chrimbo hols.

3rd If friends have really deffinatly given up the bocking..do they want to sell their stilts? If yes  there r seeds of potential there.

im not staying for long at home this xmas

& it's not that they've given up, there're broken stilts & bockers' backs to deal with

hey m8 one see if your uni will let you use their gym and that
two just go out on them and dont worry what people think

let me know how it goes with the uni and trying to get others into it :P

also im hoping to go to uni of cumbria so if you up there hopfully i will be there next year

Cumbria is a bit out of my way - maybe an hour and a half, at a guess

uni won't allow it unless you have a society, which they won't recognise unless you have 10 people, a friend of mine is trying to organise a circs society, but only has 2/3 people he knows would join

& yeah, i'm a very self-conscious person, i can't just go do it anywhere, i have a nice spot to try out, but i'd just like a couple other people & a regular gym so i can at least say im trying
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:13:46 PM by Hilly-of-the-Marshes »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »
but midway point is 45 min...hold out for the dream of a farmers son, in that nomansland buys stilts..got a spare barn and loads of hay bales

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
dreaming of a farmer's son in the barn?

now Q, your dreams and mine sound very different

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »
thanks for getting me in the loop Q much apreciated as you suggested i'm willing to travel on the train to meet anyone with in reason just really want to get stilting up here regulary havn't properly stilted since i moved up from plymouth ;/

cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us