Author Topic: Trying out?  (Read 5995 times)

Offline NiceMum

Trying out?
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:58:27 AM »
I'm thinking of buying my son ( 22) some of these things for his birthday. Does anyone know of somewhere where you can go for a trial lesson, to see how you get on, before buying? I'm in London. It is a lot of money to spend on something that could not be his thing.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Trying out?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »
Hi NiceMum
Welcome to the forum and first I would like to say it's nice to see a parent taking an interest in there sons activities to few do nowdays

As you live in london  your best bet would be to come along to Capital Bocking day on the 19th of august have a look here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=724.0

There should be 50 or 60 people there on bocks and someone will more than likely let your son have a try

Alternatively most people are willing to give a demo if they live near you

It's great fun letting a complete beginner try bocks almost as good as using them

Offline NiceMum

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
Fantastic! Can't wait :D.
We'll be there.
I just wish bocking had been invented in my yoof, and before you even suggest it, no I'm not going to start myself-- too old and scared and my knees wouldn't take it--awwww.. :'(

Offline NiceMum

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
Actually, it surely would be a fantastic promotional opportuntity to set up commercially-backed  "have a go" space at this event, with a bit of pro advice on hand. I'm sure loads would be sold...

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
I'm thinking of buying my son ( 22) some of these things for his birthday. Does anyone know of somewhere where you can go for a trial lesson, to see how you get on, before buying? I'm in London. It is a lot of money to spend on something that could not be his thing.
NiceMum why just your son  ???
Get some for yourself  :o
Bockings for girls and boys young and old   :)

Maybe if you buy him some and he doesn't like them you can use them  ;D

Offline NiceMum

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »
I wish... See post above.
Sieze the day, you springy things--be young and foolish while you can!
Good luck and have fun. Hope to see you leaping in Hyde Park....

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
Actually, it surely would be a fantastic promotional opportuntity to set up commercially-backed  "have a go" space at this event, with a bit of pro advice on hand. I'm sure loads would be sold...
There is an event most Saturdays at the Serpentine in Hyde Park arranged by another company where you can try out the stilts and they will teach you and give advice on using them. It's the only specific "Try-before-you-buy" thing that I know of near to you.

Offline NiceMum

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »
Dare I ask which company? :o

Offline Taunton

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 04:13:10 PM »
Hey nicemum, if you're sons 22 then you must be my sort of age (sneaking quietly up to, sssh....41 :-X)
Never too old. When I first put them on I thought I'd never get used to them, but next day I was wandering round the kitchen (ie within desparate clinging distance of wall units :D). Ok, all my mates think I'm bonkers, just another mad toy in my cupboard, but don't ever think you're too old for anything.
Go on, get them for your son. Betcha end up buying a pair for yourself ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »
Nice Mum
I am 47 going on 12 (according to my wife) I've got dodgy knees and a bad back and they are still great fun   :D

Offline NiceMum

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 11:52:51 PM »
LOL! I think you are great. Actually I am 58 and I think I will stay on the ground, as I tried skiing for the first time at 50 and failed dismally. I'm up for anything in theory, but seem to have little physical courage-- a total wuss in fact. Happy to watch the kids.
Thanks everyone for all your help and encouragement. I will be there on 19/8

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 01:04:43 AM »
wish my mum would buy me bocks, if your son doesnt like them its my 19th on the 24th of august feel free to buy me some knew springs

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »
Your a real oppotunist Trixter  ;) ;D Still if you don't ask you don't get  ;D

maybe you should put " the member formaly known as Lil Dj Norb " under your new name like Prince did  ;) ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »
Nice Mum
I am 47 going on 12 (according to my wife) I've got dodgy knees and a bad back and they are still great fun   :D

I may be old but poeple are always telling me to " BL##DY GROW UP ! "
I just smile at them and say " I'm Peter Pan and going to stay 10 forever "  ;D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »
I like that it makes me only 2 years older than you so I've just got younger again  ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 07:00:20 AM »
There is an event most Saturdays at the Serpentine in Hyde Park arranged by another company where you can try out the stilts and they will teach you and give advice on using them. It's the only specific "Try-before-you-buy" thing that I know of near to you.

This is definately the best option available

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
maybe you should put " the member formaly known as Lil Dj Norb " under your new name like Prince did  ;) ;D

i think ill do that jason it could work lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:58:07 AM by webmaster »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »
Looks good Trixter  ;D

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »
yeh if ur gonna b at the london meet your more than welcome to get on mine (or your son)  ;D i dont mind im always letting people try them this way more people get into them i'll b there and i might have my hair braided back so it dont get in my eyes  :D

but yeh come down and im sure im not the only preson willing to let you try we r all a bunch of nice people really

look forward to seeing you there

Carl