Author Topic: Trying to convince the mother!  (Read 15389 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Trying to convince the mother!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 02:47:15 PM »
Pretend that you wanna take up somat REALLY  dangerous. Like underwater potholing, bullet catching, fire breathing ( actually im told thats a dodle  but ya mum will not think so) juggling ( but tell her you are planning to move up to knives) etc.  She will give in to P-J's for fear or somat worse ;D

Offline DePaw

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »
Ha. lol. Fire breathing is really easy, apparantly one of my sister's friends learnt it one afternnon for a show that evening cos the normal guy backed out. But yeah... she's going to be mean on this, thinking of showing her what they are and some videos on youtube of people using them but NOT doing frips as that'll back them look dangerous. :P

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 04:14:47 PM »
google 'mr safty powerizers youtube'  'mr safty powerisers youtube'   i came across that recently its quite good. He is paid to do stuff by youtube and got given a pair of powerizers ( its the americian name for projumps   so not being disloyal) by an americian dealer.

Its 7 min a bit slow and plodding  but v safe and sensible goes on and on about how easy it is  and getting proper safty gear ;D

Offline t r o c

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »
Have fun with your new stilts and dont do anything (too) stupid.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
Nah  ---do stupid things ;D

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
say " please mum its only £45 ill keep fit and ill keep outside alot and ill even make more and new friends i might even make money form competitions and its a dream of mien :)

and i may even break a few bones  like some of the guys who have snapped qrists and  borken thumbs or at least swollen stuff >.< " lol not the second bit actualy

Offline t r o c

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 04:41:36 PM »
I too am trying to convince my mother. She finally gave in after agessssss. I will be ordering soon.

Offline _louis_

• Lofty
    • Free Online Laughs
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »
Im trying to convince my mum, me and my friend are both wanting a pair. My friend has managed to convince his parents but i havn't.

I had her convinced at one point and then decided to show her a video of how great they are and showed her a video of some people doing big jumps and flips and crazy stunts and then she decided not to let me have them becuase they are "too dangerous" so if anyone else is trying to convince their parents DO NOT show them a video of crazy stunts and stuff.

Any one got any ideas on how to convince my mum that they are really safe and let me have them ?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »
louis  where are u? Maybe there is some1 near you who would let you try theirs? Then get filmed post a vid  and get her to watch then she will be 'omg  its u'

Point out the safty record is on a par with mountain biking and skateboarding and similar things. You will fall over - get cuts and bruises. Broken bones and the like are possible  but v rare ( ok ok i do know 4 peeps  who have ( well 1 they are waiting for the swelling to go down to do more xrays to be sure - some1 bent knee the wrong way ob sat).

But most of the injures on these things has happened to 'teenagers mucking about'  dont matter what teens are gonna muck about. Hey show her vids of parkour and free jumping and all those made flips between buildings    and point out you dont need the stilts . But if you did -atleast you would be nearer the ground ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 08:23:13 PM »
Hey show her vids of parkour and free jumping and all those made flips between buildings    and point out you dont need the stilts . But if you did -atleast you would be nearer the ground ;D

lol good point!

But I agree best thing to do is get your mum to see you in action or maybe better to show her videos of people just walking and running on them. Remember most of the people doing "MAD" stunts on them are trained to do that and have used them for a while before they even attempt to do any stunts.

Dark Knight

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
Hey show her vids of parkour and free jumping and all those made flips between buildings    and point out you dont need the stilts . But if you did -atleast you would be nearer the ground ;D

lol good point!

But I agree best thing to do is get your mum to see you in action or maybe better to show her videos of people just walking and running on them. Remember most of the people doing "MAD" stunts on them are trained to do that and have used them for a while before they even attempt to do any stunts.

Watch some of the Capital Bocking videos, most of us watch and let trained bockers flip we where happy just bouncing  :)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 02:49:49 AM »
i havnt seen any videos from capital bockin yet has any one made a video for it yet

Dark Knight

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 06:24:02 AM »
i havnt seen any videos from capital bockin yet has any one made a video for it yet
Look on YouTube !?

Offline _louis_

• Lofty
    • Free Online Laughs
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
Thanks for your advice.

My mums on her own today (dads in work)
My dad always says no to things like this and always sticks to his answer.

Ill try pointing out how good they are and how dangerous roller blading is (which i do alot) we have ramps that we put out in the street and with enough speed we can usually jump about 6 ft !

If that doesnt work ill have to wait until my mate gets his pair and have a go on his but i want them for my birthday (6th sept) and my mate probly wont be getting his until after then.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »
yeh if i wasnt old enough to buy them myself i rekon i would have had trouble convincing my parents but now i have them theyve really taken to them my mum even had a go on them!

Dark Knight

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
yeh if i wasnt old enough to buy them myself i rekon i would have had trouble convincing my parents but now i have them theyve really taken to them my mum even had a go on them!
So you know what your buying your mum this xmas  ;D

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »
lol ! yep just waiting for the release of the pink springs!!

Dark Knight

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
lol ! yep just waiting for the release of the pink springs!!
They do a nice red pair and you could buy some pink sticky tape  ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »
leave them sittin out in the sun for a few weeks and they should fade to pink

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »
or wrap in rainbow  boa feathers ;D   but basically  pink roxxxx's

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 08:54:52 PM »
lol. for me it's just an on going battle. day in day out 24/7! I've been trying to convince my mum by highlighting all the good points. the problem is that she won't listen, if i start talking about bocks she just ignores me. it's actually starting to bug me now!  ;D

i don't know what to do ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

BS
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »
Get her to come on here, tell her all the health benefits! Show her some good vids as well.

Dark Knight

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 09:25:42 PM »
Mums always know best ! Even when the wrong  :o
The more you tried the more likely she is to keep saying no !  :(
Don't talk about them for a week or two . then ask her that you really would like a pair and you wouldn't act stupid on them :)
Tell that there safe, more people hurt themself on bikes and that you'll always wear safety pads ( Which you should do anyway ! ).
If she still says no just ask nicely why she doesn't like them. Say that even police think they look like good fun safe 8)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:34:08 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »
those two posts were the best advice i've got in a month. lol. will do and i shall break her down eventually.

BS
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline _louis_

• Lofty
    • Free Online Laughs
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »
WOOOO

I finally convinced my mum to let me have some.
I just kept talking about them but not saying "Mum can i have stilts".
I think it was my sister who eventually cracked her by making her feel guilty by saying "c'mon it's his birthday and your mean if you dont let him have them"

The stilts are amazing!
I ordered them the day before my birthday and got them on my birthday V. fast delivery.
When i got on them they was very scary but i soon got used to walking :)