Author Topic: Trying to convince the mother!  (Read 15388 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Trying to convince the mother!
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 09:46:04 AM »
Does your sister want some that's why to told your mum  :-\
Now you've got some bet she does  ;D
I hope you've got safety pads too !

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
lol. for me it's just an on going battle. day in day out 24/7! I've been trying to convince my mum by highlighting all the good points. the problem is that she won't listen, if i start talking about bocks she just ignores me. it's actually starting to bug me now!  ;D

i don't know what to do ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

BS

save up and buy them yourself

Offline _louis_

• Lofty
    • Free Online Laughs
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
Does your sister want some that's why to told your mum  :-\
Now you've got some bet she does  ;D
I hope you've got safety pads too !

Nah she wants a trampoline but my mum says its gonna kill the grass so shes trying to convince my mum to get her one. Seems like my mum isn't too keen on things that bounce lol. My sister is getting me to help convince my mum aswell, cos she says she made my mum get me the stilts....

And about the safty pads  ::)
Been on them for 3 days and still not had an accident (touch wood)
I do alot of skating and jumping over ramps and alot of biking so i have a good balance but yeh i really should get some pads cos its gonna hurt when i fall.

I was on the grass in the garden earlier running up and down then my mum decided to water the garden so i starting skidding which was scary so i just bounced up and down.

Im having great fun on them and my dad says when i get really good i should learn to juggle at the same time and walk round town and make some moneys or hand out leaflets but ill see when i get good  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »
Your sisters mad  :o
Your stuck in one place on a tampoline and you've said it yourself, you can walk around town and meet other bockers !  8)

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 05:41:23 PM »
lol. for me it's just an on going battle. day in day out 24/7! I've been trying to convince my mum by highlighting all the good points. the problem is that she won't listen, if i start talking about bocks she just ignores me. it's actually starting to bug me now!  ;D

i don't know what to do ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

BS

save up and buy them yourself

i have the money for them, i'm just not allowed to actually buy them. i've been saving all summer and now i  have the money i can't get them.
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
Well , I have to tell you parents are just not going to stop telling what to do . Im 43 and mine still get on at me.

Generally I agree with -but totally ignore them ( and they realise this but still keep on at me --its a kind of game we havnt managed to grow out off).

Now back to your prob --what to do what to do. It may be you will have to wait till your m8 gets some ( I think you said that was going to happen). Ask to have a go , get up and bouncing and show your parents -- a few times ( whilst letting it be known you still have the money  saved for them).

Sorry I dont know if parents are not like they used to be ( Oh my parents didnt try to stop me doing dangerous/silly things --normally encouraged it) or there is a more established culture of adventure sports over here in the SW.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 06:40:51 PM »
I don't know Q, I'm not as old as you, in my mid 20's lol...

but when I was younger me and my friends we always use to play out, do sports, be more adventurous than I see children now a days are able to or willing to do. I don't know if parents are much more protective now or it's just that more kids tend to stay indoors & play computer games.

When I was younger we used to play a lot of outdoor games and forever running to the neighbours for footballs or tennis balls that had gone into their garden - I can't remember the last time a kid knocked on our door for their ball now!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:42:50 PM by webmaster »

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »
unfortunatly it wasn't me who said a friend was getting them and i think the chances of anyone getting them round where i live is pretty low considering no-one has even heard of them.

ah well i could just threaten to stay in during weekends and play on a games console untill i go cross eyed. it'd kill me but if it got me closer to getting bocks i'd do it! lol.

thanks guys and i shall continue trying

BS

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 06:52:08 PM »
Nah  loads of peeps with um south london way well I can think of 5 ;D  Just keep the money safe Im sure somat will come up

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
I shall keep trying and hope to be out there soon!

BS

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »
I'VE DONE IT!!!! I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!! They gave in when i told them i wanted to take up building bungie jumping! Didn't believe it at first but i've put in my order and they should arrive sometime this week. I'll be out there with the rest of you soon!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok a little over the top but who cares!

BS

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
Hurrah BS  get the pd  cos if you fall un hurt yaself --you know they will put um str8 on ebay :-\

I think there are a few south london way now  and some in Kent. A bit of hunting and you should get some company OK too.

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
don't worry, i bought all the pads and i'm off to get a helmet tommorow. should be able to get a few of my friends involved...we'll see!
BS

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »
Yippppeeee you finally did it :) and its good to know you are getting all your safety bits too  8)

Dark Knight

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »
don't worry, i bought all the pads and i'm off to get a helmet tommorow. should be able to get a few of my friends involved...we'll see!
BS
Glad to know you've got all the pads and great that your getting a helmet !?
I know I have be told off for saying this but unless your flipping or there's a lot of over hanging thing near you there's no real need for a helmet, baseball cap or beanie would do !?
And before I'm told off I do have a helmet and do sometimes wear it !

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »
So  what you say is , if you want p-j's and 'think' the parents will say no . Start talking about even more extreme sports for a few weeks --then they will feel they have got off lightly with bocks ----its a plan and I like it

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »
woo good on u black storm were bouts do you live ???

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2007, 11:39:48 PM »
central dulwich in south london. should be good watching the faces of all the posh people! lol

BS

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2007, 11:46:25 PM »
yep  me un 6 others did kensington high street in poring rain in jan --- the result hands culting camphones filming u from the passenger seats of chelsea tractors --- oh and last  sunday  saw spangly clean range rover sports  reg ..... TH MUM

what hope social concience

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:01 PM »
ARR i wish sumone good lived near me!!! i need some tricking tips :P just summat simple so i cna show off basicly ;D  :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline BlackStorm

• Dulwich Studios
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »
well i came home yesturday and there it all was (wouldn't have posted then but i was too busy out on them) and i can confindently walk and run on the spot a bit.  really like all the safety stuff too (reminds me of the guy in the halo games!) and i'm gonna get a helmet asap casue i'm not allowed out on the streets until i've got one! (it was the only negotiation between my parents and a fair one too i supose.) the main issue my parents had with it was how high up you were and i reasoned that pro-jumps arn't as high as a building and then jumping off it!! the truth is they gave in at the end. (i thought they were joking at first) but i just wore them down with showing them the forum and all the comments that were left here etc so  A REALLY BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! At the moment i've been practising in my garden which has a nice solid section instead of grass and i'm really pleased with them and i'll try and get some videos up when i get time to film myself!

a big thanks again
BS

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »
Nice to know your up and about on them now
Look forward to the vids  :)