Author Topic: the london meet  (Read 5071 times)

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
the london meet
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »
i have herd that english- tailor is organising a meet in london but i dont know what a meet is if you could tell me that would be great

thnx adam

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
Re: the london meet
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=724.0

there u go Adzi hope u can make it im going and its gonna be my first meet  ;D

i cant wait

hehe

carl green

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:59:25 PM »
yeah cheers my first meet to hope iut is good

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »
yeh i cant wait where are you coming from? im coming from nr cambridge

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »
i have herd that english- tailor is organising a meet in london but i dont know what a meet is if you could tell me that would be great

thnx adam
A meet i when on a planned day a group of Bockers get together.  It's a absolute blast and you'll get to meet some of the people you have been talking to on here in real life.  Most people come away having learnt something or just have had loads of fun.  Believe me when I say, it is soo much more fun bocking in a group.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »
If you can go do go. Bouncing alone cannot be compaired to company. NOw as you will have gather this 'meet' is on a pretty unpresidented scale. But the alfresco ones that I have been to have taken on a pretty standard form.

A date time place and organiser is desided on. This can by an individual announcing them, as has happened here. It could be by 1 or a group people asking another person to do the deeds. For instance Original two keeps asking Sprog to organise something in Poole in Dorset.

The organiser will work out a route. Normally circular. It will take in a number of 'stopping points'. These are places that are good for tricking, or just simply for a stop and rest. Typically these will include steps, blocks/platforms to jump on and off  skate parks(yes there is 1 in central London  but on the south bank we  will not be going over to it though)and open spaces. A period of time will be spent at each in turn.

Also people going on meets are free, indeed encouraged to make requests and suggestions. These can range from asking if there is any free parking to be had, if there are any Subways ( the fast food outlet) on the route, a slight change to start/finish times and a particular type of obstical or size of steps.  Some of  but not always all can be accomodated.

There are variations. It might include a trip to a gym with nice soft  matts to fall on, it could include being part of  fete or parade and may mean not too much travelling about. Indeed this weekend sees 'bocking pride' in Bournemouth --I believe 1 male bocker is planning to wear a frock ::). Distances travelled to a meet can vary too. Could be just in ones home town as the one above is. Could be 100 miles -as the London meet is for me. Or even hundreds of miles away. There is also a big meet in Sweden this weekend. I couldnt get the time off to go, but Ive now found out Im gonna be on strike and could have made it grrr

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »
yeah cheers my first meet to hope iut is good

Are you coming Adzi? Do I need to put your name down? If you are coming will you be on your own or will a parent bring you?. There is at least one mum coming along, she has come on a few.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »
Thats not Jelly's is it?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 08:29:09 PM »
Yes it is

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 08:00:49 AM »
wil lso have to come to meets :) i lvoe this forum im always on lol !  ;D

Offline bitesize

• boing!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 10:29:47 AM »
The meet is 4 days after my birthday so everyone who comes, give me a present!...

...please :-[
over there look! ------> a flying pig!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »
The meet is 4 days after my birthday so everyone who comes, give me a present!...

...please :-[

are you actually coming as you have not said so in the Capital Bocking thread........

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 07:41:01 PM »
bitesize  u do realise that the bumps could be painfull if dropped from pj height ;D

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 07:42:39 PM »
and imagin all the birthday beats :O dead much...... lol you would go home with arms double the size XD (jsut say your muscley)

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »
bitesize  u do realise that the bumps could be painfull if dropped from pj height ;D
Not if we drop them into a lake in Hyde Park  ;D

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
lol thats jsut pure  evilness :)