Author Topic: Are these good for ...  (Read 2679 times)

Offline yossarianUK

Are these good for ...
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:45:13 AM »
Hi all,

I have been looking at this website trying to decide whether these are for me or not, and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help:

Are they good for keeping fit in general? I am trying to get fit and I hate running as it is so boring and I think that pro-jumps would make running fun as well as easier on the knees.  Is this true?

Also I am into martial arts - but I am so rubbish at jumping kicks, I just can't seem to jump high enough - do you think that pro-jumps help you strengthen your jumping muscles? and therefore making you jump better off the pro jumps?

I would love to buy a pair but I need to be sure before I make the plunge as they ain't exactly cheap.

Offline woodsy_1984

• Love it
Re: Are these good for ...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »
general fitness hell yes. but u do get tired very easy on them cause you use alot of muscles. as for the kicking i suppose they will improve jumping cause your muscle will get stronger.

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »
yea i recon it'd help with both those things... they certainly keep you generally fit.

also if your tricking, this might well help with flexability (for jump kicks)

hope this helped   :D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
I'd say yes for both too but excersising on bocks is very hard and i dont know anyone who can run a mile in them.

It will definately build your leg muscles and also the rest of your body but its an ongoing process as you become more confident on them and are then bouncing harder and higher. Dont expect it to happen overnight :)

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »
Good for keeping you fit? Definately.
Strengthen leg muscles? Definately.
It's really worth it. Spending a shiny penny for a pair of stilts. (Special stilts ;)) Just stay confident on your first go, otherwise you'll keep failing, and mutter about me  :o That way you'll be extra fit in no time :)
---------------------------------
..::::::::::::::::::::::::::::..

Offline yossarianUK

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!  I'm going to go for it - just need to get paid first  :D

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »
when you come off your pro-jumps it feels like you cant jump high at all but ur jumping isnt getting worse just feels like that ;)
oafc til i die.