Author Topic: Newbury Meet 21st July 2012 - Victoria Park RG14 5AU  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Pyromancer

• Live Action FX Ltd
Newbury Meet 21st July 2012 - Victoria Park RG14 5AU
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
Hiya,

I've been promissing to organise a Newbury meet for a while now, so here goes:

Victoria Park in Newbury on Saturday 21st July - kick off at 12 noon (nearby post code RG14 5AU).

There's a skate/bmx park there - where we can wind up the users.  There's a fair amount of tarmacked paths we can bounce around on (if grass is not your thing) and it's not far into the town centre if we fancy a bocking expedition - there's even a new shopping centre we can try getting banned from  :Cbiggrin:

There is plenty of parking in the area (though you will have to pay for it is about £4 for 3 hours or you can try parking in the Sainsburys car park on the opposite side of the round about) - RG14 5AU is close by - just head over the Wharf Road Bridge into Victoria Park - suggest we meet up at the big round pond.

I'm having a BBQ at my place (north Newbury, RG14 2JN) from 3pm onwards, everybody is invited, plus my back garden is big enough for bocking.

Bring your own meat or veggie alternative to throw on the BBQ.

If you fancy blowing up a water melon, bring one with you - I'll provide the explosives!

Been sowing watermelon seeds like this at the end of my garden for years, but none of them have grown - I can't think why!

The party will continue into the evening, with the launching of moon lanterns and probably a firework or two.

PM me if you want to attend either or both the bocking and/or BBQ and I'll let you have my mobile number and address if you want to party.

Steve
If it goes BANG! I'll do it.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Newbury Meet 21st July 2012 - Victoria Park RG14 5AU
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
SatNav says it is about an hour and 10 mins from us so I will give Clive a dig to see if he is free that day

Would be nice to see you again mate

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
I work in Newbury (Hitachi) and go past this park regularly thinking exactly the same thing (wind up the kids). If you're ever about 13:00-14:00 (my lunch hour) on a week day and want a short session let me know!

For anyone unfamiliar with the area there are lots of things to jump off/over and some good scenery for when you fancy a sit down.

I'm going out that evening so would be unable to attend the BBQ but I'm definitely up for the daytime bit assuming I'm allowed?

PM sent!

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
just seen this post count us in mate,and im going to bring a water melon cant wait to see you blow this up that if your not joking  :Cwink: :Cyes:

Offline Pyromancer

• Live Action FX Ltd
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
No joke on the watermelon front - I have a proper working 1800's plunger box that we can use to fire the charges and sow the watermelon seeds.

I'm the chairman of the UK Pyrotechnics Society, so I have something of a reputation to maintain!

Suppose I'd better invite most of the street - they don't complain about the bangs and flashes as much if I invite/warn them in advance.

Just had a thought - how do you fancy bocking over some flames?  I could set up a gas rig so we can set the flame height to wahtever we want - should make for some interesting photos/video!

Steve

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
Hi guys, I will try and make his one I think if I can, as I haven't seen Clive and Jason for ages and it's only bout 1 1/2 from me.

Not sure I fancy the smell of burning rubber however.

:Ctwitcy:
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
Not intending to hijack, but we're having a Basingstoke meet this Sunday. It's about 15 miles from Newbury so should be easy to reach for most.

Offline Pyromancer

• Live Action FX Ltd
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
What time and where in basingstoke on Sunday?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Heres the link mate

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=7424.0

See you there I'm gonna do that bench this time just so Clive has to  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline clive

• Elite Member