Author Topic: help!  (Read 2981 times)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
help!
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:48:55 PM »
hey guys and girls,ive just been into  my old school gym,they wont say yes,but didnt say n no!
 They want to know how much pressure is exurted into the floor through the hoof (i have trainers on the bottom so no worry about marks) has this test ever been carried out and does any one know the answer to my question??

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: help!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »
No but what sort of floor is it?

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:28:05 AM »
I can't remember seeing any test but thinking about it ?
The same weight travels through your foot/hoof the area in contact is 5th so 5 time pressure.
There's a lot of force absorbed by the spring on landing so that's not a problem either ?

Offline gillybert

• still alive, up to the neck !!!
    • Gillybert,s Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »
DKs right, its hardly different to jumping off a box from the same height and landing on the balls of your feet, your increased weight (momentum) is concentrated through the balls of your feet and you bend your knees to absorb the force.

Hoofs=balls of feet & springs=bending legs.  Even with stilts on, your legs can't handle landing (or taking off) with massive force, so as DK says, the springs absorbs alot of force.

If bocking on grass (not wet soggy stuff) only makes small marks, this indicates that that the hoof load to the floor can't be that massive, or you'd sink every bounce  ;D

GB...

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »
I've run on wet sand on Skeggy beach  :o
Other have done it too ( I've see pictures somewhere of them ? ) so what's their floor made from ??

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
its a wooden floor, thats as much as i know, im goin to trampolining classes, just to get to know the staff a bit better, then i will make my case that ic cant really be any more pressure than normal, the extra bounce just comes from the energy stored in the spring. fingers crossed!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
the presure excurted onto the floor qwith stilts is the same as a person with bricks tied to his feet jump and wacking his feet on the floor in a small area but it isnt 100% acurate as some people are heavyer and some people add weight to there stilts with various stuff...

i was sad enuf to find this out :P

but for figures i have no clue :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:29:56 PM by aidanh1 »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)