Author Topic: Does rain really have to stop play?  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Lukey

Does rain really have to stop play?
« on: October 25, 2006, 02:19:08 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone do their bouncing indoors? By this I mean not in the kitchen or lounge but in a sports hall for example, or somewhere outside but well covered.

With Winter looming its head the weather is becoming less favorable and its also getting darker sooner so my resolution is to find somewhere indoors or outdoors, covered and floodlit.

Where to go, hmmmmmmm

Offline cherub

• face your fears live your dreams
Re: Does rain really have to stop play?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:12:47 PM »
hey

Tobster was telling me hes a phys ed teacher or smething so he takes them to the school and uses them in the hall there the lucky bugger

Offline dragon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 03:55:32 PM »
there seams to be quite a few people on these things in essex how much would it cost to hire a hall ??

if its not stupid money we could hire abig room and split the costs ??

just thinking out loud !
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:17:24 PM »
I've been looking at this sort of thing too, but something local to me in south wales.
Fortunately I might have access to a leisure hall and some crash mats for free but I think the best bet is to hire half the hall and see if you can get at least 5 or 6 people involved and split the cost.

Maybe next summer we can organise a local forum meet up somewhere suitable where there is plenty of space, BBQ and have a bit of a day.

Offline arthur

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:43:22 PM »
I live in swansea in south wales, i might be interested.depending on the cost.i think thats a really good idea matt.
 :D

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:38:02 AM »
Hi Arthur,

Jono is in caerphilly (he got his today the little git!) and we were talking that if numbers are enough we could arrange a meet one a month or one every 2/3 months and each time have it in a different town so it's not always miles for people to travel. Anyway its just an idea so we'll see how it goes.

Offline arthur

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 05:57:30 PM »
sounds good to me how ever im not sure i could get a hall but i think i could probably go to some where once every month or 2 (if i ask my mum)
anyway let me know how things go

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Smurf

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 02:50:46 PM »
We have just set up a site for northern bockers and we are looking at grouping together and hiring sports halls across the area - a different location once a month or something, so sometimes you will have to travel a bit but sometimes it will be close to you......

If there are any bockers from the north who are interested in joining us, please take a look at the site - it's very basic right now as we have just set up, but we hope it will become a good resource for northern powerising :)

We don't expect the site to take over from sites like this, but rather run side by side with them and create a good bocking community :)

As the sport gets more popular, it will be easier to keep track of people in your area with a local site like ours....

you can find the site at

http://www.northernbockers.co.uk

Thanx and hope to see ya there

Offline scott-w

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
i live in leigh near manchester anyone jumping near there  we can go in howe bridge sports centre? ???

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »
hmm we are all quiet scattered arnt we  :P
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear