Author Topic: My new Pro Jumps  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
My new Pro Jumps
« on: April 10, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
well yesterday i got my shiny new pj's so i thought i would let you all know how i got on.
i had weighed myself at 81kgs or 13.1 stone, which means firstly i have lost a stone and a half since january.
now as you may know i got my gold stilts for my 28th birthday from my wife, and with the initial pain i had using them and the horrid winter weather i think i managed to bock 3 times last year.
This year however you cant stop me, every chance i get im out on em, and with k-rock, no fear and i starting the sky high group things are looking great.
we have 4 people all trying to get the funds to get into the sport, aging from 10 to 30 making the average age in the group somewhere near 14.
and thats just my neighbours, let alone the people who we will hopefully meet through sites like this.
i digress, so i went 20 kgs over my body weight as my last ones were getting jelly like.
this gave me some noticable height over my last stilts and gives me double the time in the air.
the build quality of the projumps at first (ill update you all as to if they last longer, and wear better than my old ones) far outpasses my old stilts, but im gonna give the old ones the benefit of the doubt seen as the were version 2's.
in fact the only bad thing i could say about the pj's is that my heel kept slipping out of the left stilt, no matter how tight i put the bindings.
this was fixed by putting the buckle side of the bindings on the second mounting hole.
I also found that the new style hooves are a million times easier to run in, i was amazed at that to be honest as i found running really hard before.
ED: oh and i also was as knackered last night after 9 hours bocking as i was the first time i ever went out lol.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:13:00 PM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: My new Pro Jumps
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
Sounds like you're doing well with them Nero, well done :)

And everyone repeat after me... Skyrunners suck! :laugh:

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 01:30:55 PM »
 :Rock:
Yeah skyrunners don't really suck
It's just Nero being a bock-r***er
lolol
Yesterday was goooooooooooooooooooddddd

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
agreed, two people learnt to walk on said sky runners yesterday!
im gonna fix em up and have them as a practise pair for anyone who wants a go.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »
Wow sounds great Nero! PJs are great :D Glad you are having fun  :biggrin: :biggrin: