Author Topic: Nofit State Circuis LAST SHOWS TONITE - YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS :D  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
OMG I went to see the Nofit State Circus last night (Norfolk & Norwich festival) and OH MY f**kING GOD get a ticket, their last two performances are TODAY at 3pm then 8pm (followed by the fireworks thing) (http://www.nofitstate.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=76)

I've never seen ANYTHING like it!  The word "circus" seems wrong really, it's certainly not a sawdust ring and cheesy clowns.  You actually don't sit down for the whole performance, you stand up and move around the tent as the acts go on.  The performers mingle with the crowds at first and do daft things, there's a smallish woman who drags around a large rubber duck, a couple sipping tea above you, men in trilbies and suits pipe smoking, and guys in strange aprons everywhere (riggers).  When it kicks off it's STUNNING and you get herded around the tent as the acts unfold - the first act involves 6 of them suspended horizontally by ropes and riggings, backlit and moving/twisting to the music, there is a live jazz band supplying the music, there are STUNNING tr***eze acts, a girl rolling a ciggie while she tightropes, trampoline mentalist, firey hula hoops, GORGEOUS dark haired italian women (and guys woooo) with very supple and muscly bodies, guys riding large hoops along the floor - you have to go see it!!!  I was totally blown away.  They get changed in front of you, they randomly hang above you eating apples, it's SO COOL :D

Get a ticket for today or you will *really* miss out  :D  They are £15 but totally worth it!

http://www.nofitstate.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=76
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: Nofit State Circuis LAST SHOWS TONITE - YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS :D
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
I assume it gets better than this right?

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
That wasnt it..that was some random thing at chapelfeild.

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »
That was the NoFit performers doing some promo in and around Norwich, they did a thing at the Forum too.  And yes it got a LOT better than that in the tent!!
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »
That was the NoFit performers doing some promo in and around Norwich, they did a thing at the Forum too.  And yes it got a LOT better than that in the tent!!
You never do your best for free ( keep them wanting more ) :thumbs:

Offline Shyatt

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »
You never do your best for free ( keep them wanting more ) :thumbs:

I swear it must have been a woman who came up with the idea of promotion. :D