Author Topic: Opportunity  (Read 29093 times)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Opportunity
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »
nice, i got a helmet n blk n white bocking trousers... :D

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »
i dont but i do think it would be really cool
and just so that people know i will have a spair pair of bocks with me

brendan i will surply you with a lid if you can surply me a pair of bocking trowsers?

oh and i will have my long leather coat with me in black(the matrix bocker)

Dude, you have to wear black shades as well then! 8) Will look awesome! haha. ;D
Think I might wear shades too. :) My brother can sort me out with a helmet but
thanks for the offer. :)

My girlfriend is busy with her studies at the moment so I don't even know if she'll be able to make me some trowsers. But I'll ask for you. :) Would you be willing to pay for them? Afraid I don't know what material costs, but again I'll ask her.

Cait wanted to know about our travel arrangements and what kind of rooms people need (as in a single or if people are willing to share doubles). So if you post those details here I'll send them to her in one go instead of us sending her loads and loads of e-mails. Does anyone have any questions?

So, could everyone please post how they're getting there, and I suppose how much it will cost would also be helpful. I guess it would also make sense for us all to try get there at the same time...ish. If you're going by train then we can meet in Newcastle. :) And I guess we'll meet up with any drivers in Newbiggin itself. :)

Me: A return train ticket will cost £31.50 and I'll get to Newcastle at 12:03.

Peace.

-Neo-
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:21:37 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:52 AM »
Me and Carl: Train arrives at 7.49pm, cost £61, We are sharing a twin room. Sorry about how late we are, but i can't leave til about 4.30 :( I will try and get it changed...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:36:27 AM by chocl8 »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »
hi
i will be driving there with tok in my car, not sure on the timewe wil get there, it is about 6h drive for us. it is 300 miles there so 600 mile round trip.
i have asked allready about rooms and me and kelly(my other half)is having a double. thanks.

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »
Cool, I won't e-mail her yet then if Chocl8 might change his time. But just incase you're monitoring this thread Cait, the arrangements so far are as follows:

Name            Travel         Arrival           Cost                Room

Chocl8         train           14:47           £61              Double (with Carl)
Carl             train           14:47           £61              Double (with Chocl8)

Toddy          car            12:00           unknown        Double (with partner)
Tok              car            12:00           unknown       Single

Brendan        train          12:03           £31.50          Double (with partner)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:37:18 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »
well brenden if you are going to be there for 12ish i will try to be there at the same ish time.
that is if tok can get the time off work

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:01 PM »
Ok man, thanks. :)

I've been looking for some music options incase we get to choose what we bock to. I tried to bare in mind that it's for a performance in front of the general public so tried to find tracks that were relevant to bocking and pretty easy to listen to with no bad language. The first track was Chocl8's choice. :) Yes, I just looked for tracks with the words bounce, jump or tricking in them! :D lol. These are 6 of the best:

House Of Pain – “Jump Around”
Great track and brilliant in a club to get everyone moving. But not to everyone’s liking and unless it’s on a good sound-system can sound shrill and annoying.
&feature=related

Madonna - "Jump" 
This track famously had Parkour in the video so it nicely links us to the next performance. Not my favourite though.

Stomp The Yard movie soundtrack - "Bounce wit me" 
Unusual instrumental. Unusual might be good. Not sure about some of the lyrics though.
&feature=related

Fatty Koo - “Bounce (Bounce)”
Swebounce used this track in one of their vids. Took me ages to find!
&feature=related

pu**ycat Dolls ft. Timbaland - "Wait a Minute"
Relevant because of the lines: "why you trippin' like that, you think cause’ you're trickin' you'll get it just like that." A lot of what we do is called tricking. And it's nice and upbeat.

Busta Rhymes - "Jump Jump"
(Skip to 4:12) This link actually has bocking in it! Would have to find this version though, which says "don't this hit make my people wanna Jump Jump" whereas the lyrics in the original track say "don't this sh*t make a n*gga wanna Jump Jump" ...which isn't a good idea with a public audience.

What do you think? :)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 04:10:41 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 08:57:52 PM »
I have one or two more recommendation...I already have the tracks, so its not a problem, and people might remember it when you see the videos... ;)  :D

[youtube=425,350]_O_FED0TTWI[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]U3PVYX1e_xg&feature=related[/youtube]

Alternatively we could just use the original, cos tbh they are just awsome, esp Thriller to bounce to :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 10:05:16 PM »
i think this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Lw-YDyfKk
dancing on stilts by the blue oyster cult
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:26:37 PM by toddy »

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
Hmm, can't see the link but I'll go have a look for it. :)

erm... it's ok. lol. I'd love to do the Thriller music if we could dress up in the Wolf costumes Swebounce have! ;D But alas, we don't time to make the costumes. :(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:39:50 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
is that better

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
tbh, when your bouncing, and to the crowds etc. it doesn't really matter what the lyrics are, just that has some gd rythm, i'm thinking some pendulum as well... ;D

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
ugh, so cliche. I hate pendulum... I mean... who said that?! **shifty eyes** lol. ;D

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:11 PM »
yeah u guys wanna go for summit catchy that fits into what your doing so people will rember the song and assiciate it with u guys jumping like that song with they lyrics

'' put your hand up and jump '' or summit like that if u get me ? ?

Mini Ellis xx

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »
Agreed. I wouldn't usually go for something so obvious or cheesy. But for the purpose of a display it makes sense to have something relevant to the activity.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »
have you actually spoken to the organisers about the whole music thing because I think you need to get permission and stuff to play music at events. I mean you can get away with it really easy but if they are doing things how they should be it would be worth checking. But LOL If the artist has been dead for more than 50 years no copyright...but elvis does.

• Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 01:36:49 PM »
The event organisers chose the song "So Pure" by Alanis Morrisette. But they told us the music choice was not final. Therefore we're giving them some more relevent tracks for consideration. We don't really have a say in the final choice, we just thought we'd give them some better options.

One thing we should consider on the music front, is to make sure the track isn't bigger than us! If the music is really fast, aggressive, impressive, then we have to be even more so. Otherwise it seems like we're not doing anything. When people hear dynamic music they'll expect to see dynamic action.

With a more mellow track the movements can be more relaxed, flowing, and we can take our time. It won't have to be stunt after stunt.

...Therefore a couple of my earlier suggestions should be ignored. Busta Rhyme's "Jump Jump" for example, and maybe House of Pain's "Jump Around"

But I still really like pu**ycat Dolls - "Wait a Minute"

And Fatty Koo - "Bounce (Bounce)"

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:56:43 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
The event organisers chose the song "So Pure" by Alanis Morrisette. But they told us the music choice was not final. Therefore we're giving them some more relevent tracks for consideration. We don't really have a say in the final choice, we just thought we'd give them some better options.

One thing we should consider on the music front, is to make sure the track isn't bigger than us! If the music is really fast, aggressive, impressive, then we have to be even more so. Otherwise it seems like we're not doing anything. When people hear dynamic music they'll expect to see dynamic action.

With a more mellow track the movements can be more relaxed, flowing, and we can take our time. It won't have to be stunt after stunt.

...Therefore a couple of my earlier suggestions should be ignored. Busta Rhyme's "Jump Jump" for example, and maybe House of Pain's "Jump Around"

But I still really like pu**ycat Dolls - "Wait a Minute"

And Fatty Koo - "Bounce (Bounce)"

can we get the pu**ycat dolls to do this with us thenn..? :D

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 01:06:53 AM »
That is the best idea that ANYONE has EVER had! ;D

Do you have their number? :)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
If only.... :D btw brendan, Mine and Carl's train now gets in to Newcastle @ 14.47, we think, carl's still not sure whether he wants to drive or not... ??? or meet with tok and toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
lol. Carls funny. Ok, thanks for the update Chocl8. :)

Current info:

Name            Travel         Arrival           Cost                Room

Chocl8         train           14:47           £61              Double (with Carl)
Carl             train           14:47           £61              Double (with Chocl8)

Toddy          car            12:00           unknown        Double (with partner)
Tok              car            12:00           unknown       Single

Brendan        train          12:03           £62             Double (with partner)

...maybe. :) lol.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:44:18 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2008, 08:44:14 PM »
O, and the train if we got it at that time would then cost something like £107...i think...

• Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2008, 10:49:21 PM »
Dang! Will they pay that much?! :-\

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
Dang! Will they pay that much?! :-\

not sure, i'l have to check it but no time 2day, might try n get a lift with toddy and tok, not sure...carl? ???

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2008, 11:23:58 PM »
Well I hope he has a people carrier... or a limo. ;D Or it'll be a long, cramped trip! :P