Author Topic: Opportunity  (Read 29092 times)

Offline Tok

Re: Opportunity
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »
Ok at least I don't feel so bad about not being able to make it anymore!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 09:31:21 PM »
i will not be going if we hear enything an i am a tad anoied but glad i dont have to travle coz i dont like it lol  :thumbs: is a gd thing

lol more time to bock else where =]

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »
is that an invite?

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »
is that an invite?

what for bocking else where ? ?

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »
Ok, good news! ...I hope you'll agree. Everything is still on. Kate just had trouble keeping in touch due to work and computer problems. So I need a head count. Who's still in?

These are the arrangements, as I knew them, before people started pulling out:

Name           Depart          Transport        Arrival        Cost              Room

Chocl8         Norwich          train           12:00         £107           Double (with Carl)
Carl             Norwich          train           12:00         £107           Double (with Chocl8)
Greg            Norwich          train           12:00         £107           Single

Toddy          Unknown        car             12:00        unknown       Double (with partner)

Brendan      Tamworth/       train           12:03         £62             Double (with partner)
                 Birmingham

I didn't know where you'd depart from. I was just guessing. Please copy and paste, then edit with updated info. Please make it if you can, or take responsibility for finding your replacement. I know you feel she should have kept in touch more, but try to remember that we did make a commitment to attend this event.

Besides, it'll be fun! ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:15:11 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »

Toddy          Unknown        car             12:00        unknown       Double (with partner)

Besides, it'll be fun! ;)

i should be there this time ish
bocking will be fun but travling 6h will not

but as i say i got space for 2 other people in the car

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »
i have not got only 1 space in my car, as spud may be going to come

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »
Yea, If you need somebody then I will come  :thumbs:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »
sorry did say if i did here enything then i would not be going

• Elite Member
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »
As far as Kate was concerned, everything had been sorted weeks ago. All she needed were our travel plans so she could pay for it. You knew when the event was, and where it was. So although we annoyingly lost contact with her, that's not really an excuse for pulling out. When you make a commitment, you need to fulfill it. Otherwise, don't agree to do something in the first place.

I too was concerned with the lack of contact. Because I had a few minor details I wanted clarifying. But we did already have all of the important details we needed, and we agreed to be there. It looks really unprofessional to pull out at this stage. And try to consider everyone else who's involved in the programme. You'll be letting them down if you don't show... or at least find your replacement.

I understand that Chocl8 now has other plans. But could anyone not attending now, please find their own replacement.

...I hate sounding like a teacher. :P

Thank you Spud for stepping up! :spudT:

Greg, it would be great if you would reconsider, because you seem to have a big bag of tricks, and it would be good to show what bockers can do... since I'll just be bouncing up and down :rolleyes: lol.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:22:01 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

No problem, If you do need me please could you let me know well sooner the better and also the stuff that needs sorting.

• Elite Member
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »
You're hired! ;D lol.

Stuff that needs sorting... nothing really. You're travelling with Toddy, I guess you'll want your own room, and insurance is sorted... unless you want yearly coverage, in which case all you need to do is e-mail her the quote for the sportsguard insurance.

Thanks Spud. ;D Any questions?

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »
As far as Kate was concerned, everything had been sorted weeks ago. All she needed were our travel plans so she could pay for it. You knew when the event was, and where it was. So although we annoyingly lost contact with her, that's not really an excuse for pulling out. When you make a commitment, you need to fulfill it. Otherwise, don't agree to do something in the first place.

I too was concerned with the lack of contact. Because I had a few minor details I wanted clarifying. But we did already have all of the important details we needed, and we agreed to be there. It looks really unprofessional to pull out at this stage. And try to consider everyone else who's involved in the programme. You'll be letting them down if you don't show... or at least find your replacement.

I understand that Chocl8 now has other plans. But could anyone not attending now, please find their own replacement.

...I hate sounding like a teacher. :P

Greg, it would be great if you would reconsider, because you seem to have a big bag of tricks, and it would be good to show what bockers can do... since I'll just be bouncing up and down :rolleyes: lol. And it wouldn't even be a hassle to travel since I'm sure Toddy would pick you up if he's collecting Spud from around the same area.

Is that the case Toddy?

i allready have other plans for this weekend as well and i dident atulay say i would do it i sed i might to carl lol eny way soz guys

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
You're hired! ;D lol.

Stuff that needs sorting... nothing really. You're travelling with Toddy, I guess you'll want your own room, and insurance is sorted... unless you want yearly coverage, in which case all you need to do is e-mail her the quote for the sportsguard insurance.

Thanks Spud. ;D Any questions?

I am getting a train part of the way to ipswich because its easier for toddy. Can I get that paid for? I want my own room and if yearly coverage is going I will have it lol. Oh other thing. I kinda suck lol

EDIT: Hang on. Got a bit ahead of myslef. I need to check some things first before I can commit completly. Things like trains. Time I will be getting home and stuff like that and then check with my mum. Sorry. Just got a bit excited
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:15:02 PM by Spud »

• Elite Member
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 12:19:30 PM »
Sorry Greg but that's rubbish!

ok guys so tok has pulled out, but we have replaced him with greg, hes a good lad and can do some flips, lol, anyhoo, me carl and greg will be getting train, and carls emailing sprockett now to sort it out, anyone else got anything to add as it gets nearer? :)

Carl, Chocl8, and the organisers all certainly seemed to believe that you would be attending. Either you misled them then, or you're lying now. And having other plans isn't really an excuse. You shouldn't have made other plans when you had prior commitments.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:53:48 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »

ok guys so tok has pulled out, but we have replaced him with greg, hes a good lad and can do some flips, lol, anyhoo, me carl and greg will be getting train, and carls emailing sprockett now to sort it out, anyone else got anything to add as it gets nearer? :)

Carl, Chocl8, and the organisers all certainly seemed to believe that you would be attending. Either you misled them then, or you're lying now. And having other plans isn't really an excuse. You shouldn't have made other plans when you had prior commitments. 
i think u will fined that carl was at my house when that was posted and eills will confurm that i sed i might be going wat was lost in translation is not my fult and carl did say to tim that i might go i wasent 100% on it and that i had to ask my folks about it and as for other plans wat about tim hes not going because he has other plans and as the time came to the meet i did not no about eny thing as we had no contact with the people so as you do i aranged some things with my other m8s that dont bock and i dont tend to lie about things and if u new me at all then you would not think that and it has quite hurt me that you would think that as i have bean nothing but try to be frendly and it is things like this that is why i have anxsiaty problems and dont realy like meeting new people so it is quite hard for me at most times to try and hide this from every one. and i hope now that people know about this i would like it if no one will treat me eney difrant.

so thanks for building my confidence Greg
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:08:31 PM by Greg11 »

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »

i think u will fined that carl was at my house when that was posted and eills will confurm that i sed i might be going wat was lost in translation is not my fult and carl did say to tim that i might go i wasent 100% on it and that i had to ask my folks about it and as for other plans wat about tim hes not going because he has other plans and as the time came to the meet i did not no about eny thing as we had no contact with the people so as you do i aranged some things with my other m8s that dont bock and i dont tend to lie about things and if u new me at all then you would not think that and it has quite hurt me that you would think that as i have bean nothing but try to be frendly and it is things like this that is why i have anxsiaty problems and dont realy like meeting new people so it is quite hard for me at most times to try and hide this from every one. and i hope now that people know about this i would like it if no one will treat me eney difrant.

so thanks for building my confidence Greg

WOAH!
2 full stops in 15 lines!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »
oh f**k off no 1 is at purfect as u

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 01:14:25 PM »
No need for that rich, you already know that Greg has problems with his writing and he tries his best.

Greg I understand your frustration but no swearing.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
sorry it just realy anoise me with people like that i try my hardest but it is some thing i cant controle yet when people no about it they slate me for it eny way and just because my spelling ect is not as good as some people dose not mean i dont no wat the words mean as my vocabulary is quite good
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:20:57 PM by Greg11 »

• Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »

i think u will fined that carl was at my house when that was posted and eills will confurm that i sed i might be going wat was lost in translation is not my fult[/quote]

No it's not your fault that you were misquoted. But if you were there, it is your fault that you didn't correct it.
I didn't mean to cause you an anxiety attack. :P Appologies. But try to understand how your actions, or inactions
effect others.

It doesn't matter now anyway. Other people are stepping up to replace those who have pulled out.
So... water under the bridge and all that.

Have a nice day everybody. :)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »

i think u will fined that carl was at my house when that was posted and eills will confurm that i sed i might be going wat was lost in translation is not my fult

No it's not your fault that you were misquoted. But if you were there, it is your fault that you didn't correct it.
I didn't mean to cause you an anxiety attack. :P Appologies. But try to understand how your actions, or inactions
effect others.

It doesn't matter now anyway. Other people are stepping up to replace those who have pulled out.
So... water under the bridge and all that.

Have a nice day everybody. :)

[/quote]

i no i should have corected it but there is still no need for u to call me a lyier

• Elite Member
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
I said either you're lying, or you misled us. Which you did. By not correcting mistakes.
As I implied earlier, sometimes inaction can be as damaging as acting incorrectly.

Try to let it go Greg. It's been dealt with.

Current info:

Name           Depart              Transport         Arrival                Cost                Room

Toddy          Isle of G         car                12:00 (ish)        unknown       Double (with partner)
Spud?          Norwich          train + car       12:00 (ish)        unknown       Single

Brendan       Tamworth/        train              12:03               £62              Double (with partner)
                  Birmingham

Chris

Carl, are you still in this? Or have you pulled out with Chocl8? She originally asked for 3-5 people, so assuming Spud can make it, we're good to go.  I don't know much about everyone, how would you describe your skill levels? Spud claimed to "kinda suck" which I'm sure isn't true... but I do kinda suck since I'm still pretty new to this. So hopefully you other guys can pick up our slack! ;) Sorry!

One more thing. In an attempt to look more like a team we had planned to all wear the same colour scheme. Black & White. Is everyone cool with this? Hope so, since my girlfriend has already made me some black & white Bocking trowsers. :) So either all black, all white, or black and white would be cool. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:33:48 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
Just my two pence worth…

Personally we get people phoning us up all the time with similar offers such as the one made here, from advertising companies to radio and tv shows, however one of the major problems we find is not commitment from the bockers but the companies themselves.  There’s been many a times when the companies have failed to respond back to emails, phone calls etc and then decided at the last minute to get in touch again which imho quite frankly is not acceptable. We’ve actually came to a stage where we kindly refuse most people, as not only is it time consuming and frustrating but mostly its extremely disappointing for the people who are looking to take part in the event esp when it’s tv exposure or a well paid job, and if they have taken time of work or other commitments to take part.

From the discussion it seemed like the organisers had pulled out and it would be easy to see why people would make alternative plans especially as I am assuming they would have to pay for the travel initially and for toddy it would be a very long drive too. Although there does seem to be some wires crossed and they didn’t actually back out, imagine if you went along only to find out it wasn’t going ahead it would be an expensive mistake!

It’s a shame that this has happened as the prospect is a very good one, and what they have put down in terms of expenses, £50 and paying for the insurance etc for a year is excellent, also I do think that you will get many more opportunities from them if this one goes well so who ever can attend should do.

Another thing I would suggest is when organising between you, make sure you get each others phone numbers, email addresses etc as well as communicating through the forum as not everyone visits the forum daily and this way you can speak directly to each other and its less likely that you will get your wires crossed.

Good luck to all that attend and hopefully it will go really well :)

• Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
I am assuming they would have to pay for the travel initially
Good luck to all that attend and hopefully it will go really well :)

Anyone travelling by bus or train would have had their tickets bought for them in advance. No payments necessary. Of course, anyone going by car will have to pay their way initially, then be reimbursed later on.

It is indeed a shame when something you were looking forward to is cancelled. But I think it's worth taking the risk and accepting such offers, whilst trying not to get too emotionally invested in the idea. Just incase.

I look forward to meeting people. :)