Author Topic: norwich on the 15th  (Read 31567 times)

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: norwich on the 15th
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
lol oh yh we all put joe to shame lol

lol

** ting ** ting **

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
it was even more fun when joe had a 5 hour drive home but still came back to gregs and was on the two trampolines untill 10 o clock i then told him to text me when he was home and he got back at 3.20....i admire that man!!

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
what a guy was doing a backflips? thats where your legs go over your head right... bugger me, not my cup of tea.

All i want to know is when i started do tricks, why did all the parkour people just stop and watch? I was hoping for some inspiration or a parkour vs bocker challange?

3.20am yeah something like that, all i know my allarm went off at 7am to go to work lol.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:07:21 PM by soul rancher »

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »
 yh that thing where u go ova an its like scary to watch

an then u go forwords a fall coz of liek slippy grass

lol

yh i got a txt from u at like 3 19 or something lol

i did try an stay up coz u tryed ta call me aswell lol at like 1 ish lol

yh they hav never seen ppl bk flip or frount flip on stilts before they hav only seen like splitkicks an stuff lol

xxx

lozzi

xxx

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »
Hey! Really wish I could have stayed longer, but had to dash, wish I had been on my bocks aswell, but like I said, shin splints and bocks dont mix :(  :banghead:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
All i want to know is when i started do tricks, why did all the parkour people just stop and watch? I was hoping for some inspiration or a parkour vs bocker challange?

They may not have been 'real' traceurs. In Norwich (especially at the moat) there are a lot of... I won't say wannabe traceurs because if you "wanna be" you can be!... but there are a lot of imitators who don't really take it seriously. They just do a little bit here and there when they're bored. So seeing people with springy feet they sat and watched that instead. I don't know for sure as I wasn't there. Just speculating. :)

But what would this challenge of which you speak entail? I'm intrigued. :) And I accept! :D lol. A Parkour vs bocking challenge would have to be some sort of obstacle course of course, of course. ;D lol. If you wanted to compare flips and tricks it would be a 'Free-running' vs bocking challenge.

Parkour = The art of efficient movement (A-B as quickly and efficiently as possible).
Free-running = The art of aesthetic movement (as many flips and tricks as you like).

Let's do it! ;D

Sounds like this was a fun jam, :) Is there a vid? :)

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.