Author Topic: Going on holiday---takin my stilts!  (Read 4032 times)

Offline PowerJoe

Going on holiday---takin my stilts!
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »
Well, first off, i am planning on going on holiday in a couple of weeks time and i really want to take my bocks with me. Here-in lies the problem. The baggage handlers are tw :censored: ts! They just throw stuff about, dont give a toss about 'fragile' labels and practically laugh about the fact that your delicate 'extra luggage' (no, not that :rolleyes: ) has been destroyed.

So, i was thinking of buying one of those bags designed for carrying bocks about in. Then also, in this bag taking everyones towels and lay them on the bottom of the bag, then wrap my bocks in several layers of bubble-wrap just to be careful!

Will this be enough to protect them? Has anyone else had problems transporting bocks via planes?

Thanks for any replies
Joe

Dark Knight

Re: Going on holiday---takin my stilts!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 05:15:20 PM »
I did work out that if you take the springs off ( leave hoofs on ) and tape them together the frames can fold up and the springs are twice as stiff  :biggrin:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:00:48 PM »
hi , well as for being fragile --have a think aboutwhat you do no ya bocks.  erm yeah --the are pretty robust ;D.

DK makes a v good point if U have a v large suite case by  removing the springs the whole shooting match may fit in a suite case. Failing that tape springs together and swath in bubble wrap and tape to suite case as a cheapie solution. The carry bags work Ive used a couple of different types ( 1st I borrowed then purchased my own) . They work fine also golf travel bags r good ( and have wheels) Hockey bags Im told too.

On last trip abroad , besides my springs and clothes  I also put a c*cktail glass in the bag --and that came out un scathed --both ways.

Only thing to remember ---dont go over weight!!!!

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »

Well, its going to be classed as extra luggage no matter what i do so will already cost me about £40 there and back :banghead:

Which has just given me an idea. If i buy one of the bocking bags like this one:-
http://www.skatehut.co.uk/acatalog/Poweriser_Bag.htm

I can then add my clothes around the bocks, meaning the bag will be a bocking bag and a suitcase in one. Unless of course, there is no room after fitting the bocks :-\ Also, another problem is, this is the only bag i can find and costs £80 odd, a bit over priced for a re-enforced bag if u ask me.

Any other ideas appreciated, thanks
Joe

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »
Well, its going to be classed as extra luggage no matter what i do so will already cost me about £40 there and back :banghead:
That why I said take them apart you can pack in one bag with everthing else  :thumbs:

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
but will they fit into a suitcase? coz the suitcase i have is a wee bit too small i think lol

then off course, a bocking bag is probably a wee bit to big, im stuck :-\

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »
I don't know about the bag you were thinking of buying but most of the Bock bags I have seen are very light and flimsey compared to a suitcase and I wouldnt trust them to the baggage guys on a good day

Save your £40 and buy a good hard suitcase that the springs will fit into diagonally and the frames will fold down like DK said then you can pack your clothes and stuff in the gaps

Other option is a really big rucksack (you can get deep ones witout many compartments)

And finally why not take one of thise Sailors bags (they do big waterproof ones with locking tops) you can get a tank in one of those (might even fit DK in one Calfs and all  :haha:)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »
I know dan takes the spring and knee bar off and puts them in his suitcase

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
Oh great. A new problem has arisen! The new problem is... dun dun daaa... insurance :banghead: If i cant get insured and i have a little fall on them, we will become bankrupt, the health costs in the U.S.A. are that high.

Anyone know of places that will insure them overseas, even in places with sky high health costs?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
I think sports cover direct should as I know they cover you on bocks in the EU

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »
cool, thanks