Author Topic: drop off  (Read 4727 times)

Offline mafiaman

drop off
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
what is the highest drop you can do without damagein your spring s ??? :biggrin: :Straddle5:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: drop off
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »
I have no idea but if you found the height which you bottomed your springs at it would probably be that height.

Bottoming springs out is ok but if you were to do it from jumping from something quite high and bottomed them and there was still more energy to be absorbed you would be taking it so nothing crazy.

:spudT:

Offline mafiaman

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
ok thank but do you think it is ok to jump of somein about 5 ft on the m90s ???  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »
depends on your body weight, i would start smaller and build up, differently highest drop ive done/ seen done was 9 steps, i would say thats just under 6ft but again that was built up too.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline mafiaman

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »
yer ok they are 10 kg over my body weight  ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:12 PM »
i would keep to smaller drops for the minute then mate, you wouldnt wanna damage your stilts

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 02:12:18 PM »
What is the ground you are landing on?  Seen some 1 vault off bournemouth pier onto the sand  was over 12 foot. As Spud said  bottoming out is not a big deal for the springs --but the energ tyhat they cant take will be going up thru your spine

Offline mafiaman

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
it will prob be tarmac or concrete like in skate parks  :Straddle5:

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
I would also suggest progressing up to 5 foot as I think you would need to gradually get used to the increased force from the drop and make sure you do not damage your knees. I am sure the brain wouldn't know how to cope with the force straight off. Bocking seems to be just as much training the brain as it is training the body :)

A f*cked knee is one of the last things you wanna do, ;).

Nero could probably correct me, as to be honest, I don't directly know first hand so I could very well be wrong.

-Carma

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »
If you go no the fact that stilts can make you jump 6 feet then that would mean a 6 foot drop on to a hard surface would be fine.

If you can jump X high then the springs would take a drop of X high and just bottom out if you don't try to jump away afterwards.

Once your drops bottom out the springs your limit is now how far you can jump off and land on you feet. The frame should take a lot more than you can but watch out that the side rods are not bending ?

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »
I jump off the 5ft and 6ft ramps at my skate park and there is a video somewhere showing Jono jumping off an 8ft wall in Cardiff bay.

But like the others said you need to work your way upto it  :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »
I've dropped all 17st of me off a 4ft wall on 114kg springs and it went well and was easy  :thumbs:
I have also done the same off a 2 ft wall got it wrong and boy did that one hurt  :haha:

It's not the drop it's the landing that counts  :biggrin:
So like everyone has said start small and build up

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »
I've done a 6ft wall in lynn on 90's, must do sumin on my Srex's really....stupid rain :(

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
as jason said its not the drop, its keeping yourself straight as your getting thrown back into the air.
which i disagree is similar to when your jumping as it throws you a lot harder

Offline mafiaman

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »
ok sound thanks for all the advice pll  :biggrin: :Straddle5: