Author Topic: Bocks arrived today!  (Read 4513 times)

Offline jonnydonut

Bocks arrived today!
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
You find some strange bargains on e-bay, I found this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130246112340&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

They turned out to be fly jumps not powerskips (was never expecting powerskips) and there was no gnome  :( but £70 delivered for a brand new set of bocks I'm not complaining. I took M90's because they had no 80's, I'm about 65 kilo's and quite fit so hopefully I'll be allright, if not I'll just try and bulk up a bit  ;)

Had a walk about the house and did a small jog in the back garden, great fun. Managed to get about 2 foot of air which I thought wasn't bad. Will be scouting for a quiet spot of flat tarmac tomorrow to get a decent bounce about.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Bocks arrived today!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »
Wow, I can't believe you actually bought from that auction!

Looks well dodgy  :o

So after saying you would be getting powerskips and using a poweriSer photo you ended up with FlyJumps...?

Have you got a photo of the actual stilts you could upload, just to be sure about what you actually ended up with?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
as well there is a little trick to be able to get your money back as it was not as listed
so if you want to know it pm me and i will talk you through it

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
At £70 they're more likely to be skyrunners.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »
At £70 they're more likely to be skyrunners.

My thoughts exactly, hence asking for photos  :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline jonnydonut

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »
    They're fly jumps, well they have fly-jump written on them and the ratchet bindings, unlike skyrunners. The reason for the stupid gnome listing is a copyright issue, these can be imported very cheaply from china as they have no copyright law's there. However there is a copyright in place here which makes selling them on for profit a bit tricky, I know this because I was planning to do it myself. So he's selling a gnome and giving them away for free, no law's broken as stated in the ad.

The only thing he's done wrong is not send me a gnome, I can easily get my money back now because he hasn't sent me what I paid for (as far as e-bay is concerned).

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »
It's not copyright, the design is patented, but the patent does not cover china. China DO have copyright laws, just like everywhere else.
I am sure once the Boecks see this they will swoop on it like all other ebay sellers. He is technically importing bocks into a patent-protected area without paying a royalty fee, which is, in the eyes of the patent holder, illegal.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »
    They're fly jumps, well they have fly-jump written on them and the ratchet bindings, unlike skyrunners. The reason for the stupid gnome listing is a copyright issue, these can be imported very cheaply from china as they have no copyright law's there. However there is a copyright in place here which makes selling them on for profit a bit tricky, I know this because I was planning to do it myself. So he's selling a gnome and giving them away for free, no law's broken as stated in the ad.

The only thing he's done wrong is not send me a gnome, I can easily get my money back now because he hasn't sent me what I paid for (as far as e-bay is concerned).

Did you really want the Gnome? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:02 AM »
. He is technically importing bocks into a patent-protected area without paying a royalty fee, which is, in the eyes of the patent holder, illegal.

well i got to say that they way he is selling it is common way around baned selling items on ebay as it is the fact is it is a free gift, and you are not paying for it so u are paying a
%age of the price.

i have seen this done with foren fags etc on ebay
and costoms can not do anything as well, due to the fact that it is not resale, it is a freebe

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:42:35 AM »
I once brought 24 boxes of frosty's ( in 3 weeks ) for the free gifts you could collect from them.

Offline jonnydonut

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »

Course I wanted the gnome!! Gnomes are Magical beasts, with great powers  ;D . Especially jumping flying extreme gnomes.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »
I once brought 24 boxes of frosty's ( in 3 weeks ) for the free gifts you could collect from them.

Did you scoff the lot then DK? The Frosties,not the gifts.....DK is a cereal killer!!!!! :biggrin:

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »

Did you scoff the lot then DK? The Frosties,not the gifts.....DK is a cereal killer!!!!! :biggrin:
I did get some funny looks buying 4 boxes at a time and no milk  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:46:28 AM by Dark Knight »