Author Topic: Ankle supports  (Read 13212 times)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Ankle supports
« on: December 10, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Hay ppl as u know i broke my ankle dose eny 1 know where i can get a really gd ankle brace that is flexible so i can use it in the gym i have googled it and a haven't really found much price is no option  :thumbs:

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
Re: Ankle supports
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »
just gaffa it :D

Whats the worst that can happen?

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
lmao lol u cheeky git :P ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
I use a Neoprene type ones. Don't buy cheap ones they are really rubbish and do help.

I'll look if I can find the name but most sports shops could help you out.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
i want a better 1 then just a neoprien 1 as i shattered the ball of my ankle on the inside and broke the other 1 in half app

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »
I cant remember who but they once had one that had some kinda framework in in it. It was expensive tho :S

If it comes to mind I will ask them  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:27:31 PM »
Unless you mean something hard a " Good " neoprien is what you need, believe me !?
I'll have to get a copy of my X-Rays something. My Achilles Heel was crushed I also broke most of the bones in the ankle. I use Neoprien surpports which also keeps warm.
Once your Doctor says you can Bock again the stilts makes a great surpport.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
Ask BillC on PP, he knows about brace/supporty type things and where is best to get them :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »
I remembered who had the ankle thing and it was for when he trained to run marathons ???

Something called aircast
http://www.aircast.com/

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Aircast_AirSport_Ankle_Brace/2030/36224.html

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »
Unless you mean something hard a " Good " neoprien is what you need, believe me !?
I'll have to get a copy of my X-Rays something. My Achilles Heel was crushed I also broke most of the bones in the ankle. I use Neoprien surpports which also keeps warm.
Once your Doctor says you can Bock again the stilts makes a great surpport.

dk i have broken all the bones in my ankle and have dun nothing to my heel and i do mean some thing hard

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACHILLE'S HEEL TO CRUSH!
There is the achille's tendon extending from the calcaneus to the calf muscle, but that would snap, not be crushed. And there are only 2 bones in the ankle, the talus and calcaneus. Before the talus is the tibia (lower leg/shin) and after it are the tarsals then metatarsals (parts of the toes)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:19:26 PM by sprog »

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »
There is the achille's tendon extending from the calcaneus to the calf muscle, but that would snap, not be crushed. And there are only 2 bones in the ankle, the talus and calcaneus. Before the talus is the tibia (lower leg/shin) and after it are the tarsals then metatarsals (parts of the toes)

DK just got owned

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »
lol mega style

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »
Hi Greg

As you know I'm looking for the same type of thing these are the sites I've found so far

The Mueller Pro Style ATF Ankle Brace and the Aircast ones

But I like the McDavid Ankle X looks like its could stop a truck tipping over  :haha: or the McDavid Ultra-Lite Ankle Brace is a bit lighter

http://www.physioroom.com/catalog/Ankle_Supports_Braces/2030.html

Also found these sites

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/category.asp?cat_id=SUPPORT20&src=gosua&gclid=COOBi9P9x5YCFQ2Y1QodZSPmyg

http://www.lp-supports.com/products/ankle_and_shin_supports/

The LP ones don't look to bad either

Good luck with the recovery mate

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Springer

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »
Oh joy, even when I'm taking a break and skimming the forums, I'm revising!  I'm being tested on all this on Friday instead of getting wasted for my birthday (I'm not bitter)!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 10:51:10 PM »
Oh joy, even when I'm taking a break and skimming the forums, I'm revising!  I'm being tested on all this on Friday instead of getting wasted for my birthday (I'm not bitter)!
Haha join the club, I'm skimming over my VetN Anatomy and Physiology notes, hence why I was able to pull all that up! Mine's tomorrow though :(

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
Good luck both of you  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »

DK just got owned
I smashed my ankle 20 years ago I was a fitness teacher.
If you check I said " My achillies heel was crushed " which is an a area of leg and "I also broke most of the bones in the ankle".
Now who's owned !

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:10 PM »
Not me. Most means you broke one of the 2, and the achille's heel isn't an area of the leg. Or at least it isn't in scientific anat and phys, it might be in crazy fitness stuff.

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »
Not me. Most means you broke one of the 2, and the achille's heel isn't an area of the leg. Or at least it isn't in scientific anat and phys, it might be in crazy fitness stuff.
It's like " The North " and " The South " on motorways, it's not real but everyone know where it is ?

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 12:15:21 AM »
wtf dk that makes no sense

Dark Knight

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
wtf dk that makes no sense
I mean if you ask someone where the "achilles heel" is they'll point to the back of the heel
If you then ask them to point it out and medical picture they'll not find if !?

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
Hey man; I got one of these when I broke my ankle (or maybe it was a really bad spraign, if you trust the doctor..but I dont)...anyway...it is this thing:

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart/pc/DonJoy-MaxTrax-Air-Walking-Boot-10p870.htm

It helped me out a TON.  I couldn't even stand up without being in tons of pain without it;  but with it on I was walking up and down stairs with not so much as a hitch. :)

I highly reccomend one.  If you are a bigger guy; I can sell you mine. I'm 6 feet even; 180lbs...shoe size 10.  And mine fit me snug...I think its pretty much universal...I think they have Small, Medium, and Large. Mine is the large but its got adjustable straps on it that you can tighten a lot...  If you want it; shoot me a pm I'll send it to you for $50 + shipping.  Pretty sure thats a lot cheaper than you can get one anywhere.   And mine is in 100% condition...

Even if you don't buy mine though; I really highly reccomend one of these...they saved me for the month it took my foot to heal.  ;D

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »

DK just got owned
I smashed my ankle 20 years ago I was a fitness teacher.
If you check I said " My achillies heel was crushed " which is an a area of leg and "I also broke most of the bones in the ankle".
Now who's owned !

you agen by sprog