Author Topic: North East meet  (Read 10106 times)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
North East meet
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »
I know there aren't too many of us, but once im up north and settled i thought we could have a meet in either newcastle or middlesbrough - i get up there on the 27th but inductions is 29th, so i was thinkin a weekend in october - nice & chilly  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Re: North East meet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
Im in for a Chilly meet with Hilly love you

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
sounds good, i'll have to notify some of the other ppl from the north-east, lol.

Do you have any idea of a date/time? possibly a meeting place? although tbh, the monument in newcastle's fairly good to meet at i'd say... it's pretty hard to miss :P

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
monument'll be fine - don't know what it is but sure - either that or that prissick plaza place near middlesbrough, but maybe another time 4 that 1 - as for a date how about 17th - mid month so it wont be too freezing and late enough that im settled up there

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »
the monument is a big landmark in newcastle.. it's a great big pillar with a statue on top, lol, it's in a square, and there's usually a band performing there, or someone protesting about something or other, lol, google maps will show you where it is :P

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »
i tried google - i saw a pic of it, but i couldnt see the monument on the map - could u link me it please

edit

never mind, found it
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:59:41 PM by Hilly-of-the-Marshes »

Offline Kazbahn

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »
I'm from stockton! i'll be able to meet you in boro if im wanted :P just say when :Cbiggrin:

-Tom
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
How far away is Middlesborough from Newcastle? There are four of us up here in Newcastle atm! :P
I'm trying to sort out a weekly meet, have a look at the other topic

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3913
http://pp/forum/newcastle_bockers_when_are_you_free-t6667.0.html

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »
Hi i live in redcar just outside middlesbrough not been bocking for long and not very good but im trying hard and need all the practice i can get.

I can get to newcastle but not every weekend couldnt afford the fuel lol but im happy to meet there once a month or so or every other weekend then maybe you guys come down hear the other times :)

Dunno just an idea im looking in to starting a propper northeast power bocking group up to so if anyone is up for that please let me know.

Cheers

Lee

sorry forgot to say middlesbrough is about an hours drive 50 or so miles i think
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:20:59 PM by Canned-Heat »

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
Hi Lee, just thought i'd post back to say, i'd be interested in a north-eastern powerbocking group, but i think it'd have to be centred around newcastle, because if you're 50 miles south of newcastle, and i'm 50 miles north, then it could get tiresome for one or both of us going back and forth about a hundred miles each way, each time we wanted a meet xD

I think monthly or bi-monthly meets would be good, and i must say, weekends seem like a sensible option to me...

post back about what you think, as we really need to try and find a time of the week that is good for everyone to attend XD

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
yeah we need to make a powerbocking group in the northeast!!

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
but rather than centralising the group on newcastle - it should be more fluid - we're going bock-spot hunting on saturday in middlesbrough - more are welcome to come along

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
i'll bock spot hunt in newcastle and alnwick then, if we're gunna be fluid about it  :coolS:

:D

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »
yeh  i recon your right somewhere between hear and newcastle would be cool. just not sure where. I thought of durham as thats kind of in the middle and im working there for the next 2 days so can have look about see whats what.

I think a monthly meet is a good idea and take it from there once we found somewhere to go. Then every now and then when people have the time and cash we could go come up to newcastle and you guys come down to middlesbrough/stockton, just for the change in scenery :)

By the way i know its probs a bit premature but i cant help it lol. anyone got any ideas for a name? i thought of a really s**tty one, tyne 'n' tees bockers yeh i know took me all of 20 secs to think of that one
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:17:05 PM by Canned-Heat »

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:47 PM »
off topic, there's a place between alnwick and newcastle called bockenfield - just thought i'd throw that out there

Anyway... names... erm... dunno??... NEwBockers? near newcastle/got NE for north-east in it, i dunno, i suck with names :D

Time for a name thread methinks?

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
teeside bockers, smoggy bouncers, smoggy froggies, the bouncing peoples republic of the powerbocking embassy for the most northeasterly province of the united kingdom <= that ones a bit long but i think its kinda catchy :P

i'll try to think of more :P

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
Sound like some good ideas :P

Oh, i thought i'd just say, i've emailed a few people who i've found around the PP who are also north easterners, and i've tried to get them to sign up on this forum, so that we can keep ourselves all in one place. Anyway, i need sleep now, i've been typing loads today. Hands are tired XD

G'night :P

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:08 AM »
Hahaha yeh some good names there and Kazbahn i like bockenfield lol is that south of newcastle? and good work on getting some other northeast people on hear your right makes sense to try and keep everyone talking in one place. maybe the fix for that would be a northeast bocking website ;) just a thought lol

anyway i think is kindda hijacking this thread lol so i think ill start a new one on New North East Bocking Group

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:46 PM »
It's actually north of newcastle, lol, just thought i'd answer that little question :P

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
Votes for names, what about
Nbokz?

The Bockers who say ne?

Never Eat bockers?

:Claugh:

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
hmmm i liked the sound of NE bockers :P hehe must admit im still a fan of 'the bouncing peoples republic of the powerbocking embassy for the most northeasterly province of the united kingdom' i mean, come on, its short, snappy and really easy to remember! but its up to yous:P few new ones of the top of my head:

north east's bouncin' beasts

smoggies with springs

NE bockerz  <--- (added 'Z' for extra coolness ;])

NEbounce  <--- totaly scammed off swebounce but oh well :P

Offline Canned-Heat

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 12:23:36 PM »
Bocking bronkoz?

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
just Tyne/Tees Bockers sounds fine to me,

but then again i'm not going to like it whatever it is, except 'the bouncing peoples republic of the powerbocking embassy for the most northeasterly province of the united kingdom,' is growing on me,
but i think that'll kill us to say each time in full so we could always shorten that to BPR-PEMNEPUK (bee-pee-are-pem-nee-puck)

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 11:38:27 PM »
ok then how about we have our official name as the Tyne/Tees Bockers, or we call it the bouncing peoples republic of the powerbocking embassy for the most northeasterly province of the united kingdom for short  :P