Author Topic: Incoming Newbie  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Thadius Kayne

Incoming Newbie
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:21:59 PM »
 ;D just ordered my boots.... anyone got any tips for someone just starting up?

BTW i'm in ipswich

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Incoming Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum mate

Best tip I can give is have plenty of fun on them.

You will  find set up guides & tutorials through out the forum

:)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »
hi, wecome. Adive?  Meet others its soo much more fun. So put yourself on the 'frapper' map and also do a search for your county and towns near you.

Happy bouncing

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:39:26 PM »
have already added myself to "frapper", how long does it normally take for the postage on the boots from pro-jump.co.uk?

i have already had a look around the forum and other resource sites for setup tips like  spring taping and tyre sock creation... anything else i should really look at sorting out asap?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:03:41 AM »
yes PADS!!!!!!!!!! knee pads and wrists guards should be the minimum but you may also want a helmet and elbow pads

Offline woodsy_1984

• Love it
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:13:58 AM »
dont worry too much about falling. it looks high  but as long as u dont bounce on your head then it wont hurt so much as long as u wear you pads.Happy bouncing and probly fallaing  :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:05:15 PM »
hi

All items go out on a next working day service however weekends are not regarded  as working days so if you placed an order on the weekend it will leave us on Monday for you to recieve Tuesday.

if you have any other questions just give me a shout

:)

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »
thanks dude... just to let you know i had a call from pro jump today for to varify my order couldn't be made... the 100kg ones were out of stock and not gonna be in stock for a while... but the guys at pro-jump were good enough to attach some spare 100kg springs to some 90kg boots :-) you guys rock ^_^ not many mail order companies'd be so understanding

i should be bouncing on wednesday :-)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:12 PM »
you may find   'paul self' lives not to far from u   but def welcome to the club  as of wednesday.  With luck ill be back bocking then --got bitten by a dog today  comes with the job as a postie  un darn  fab weather -spent afternoon with leg up on sofa grrr

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
Sounds painful

hope u r up and bocking soon!

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of bocking, I would suggest taking it easy for a bit but once you get fairly confident on them start pushing your boundaries otherwise you will not progress!

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »
hey, thadius im Paul been looking for a bocker close to me im from stowmarket when u get ure bocks wanna meet up if u ever get interested in the gymnastiques side of it i have a muck around every sunday at stowupland gym would love to meet another bocker

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
Thats cool, :-) never been much of a gymnast myself but i have background in Skating, Skateboarding and Parkour so i should be able to cotton onto the basics and balancing pretty sharpish :-)... never had the guts and don't think i ever will to flip, lol

It'd be cool to meet another bocker, they should be here tomorrow, i'll find my feet before i plan meeting up with anyone ^_^

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 09:15:28 AM »
yeh, ive been looking for about 5 months for a bocker from suffolk :P but yeh once u get the basics etc we will have to do a meet in ippy as stowmarket is rubbish :P

good luck and hope to see some pics / vids and some news on how ure getting on soon :)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:03:50 AM »
never had the guts and don't think i ever will to flip, lol

It'd be cool to meet another bocker, they should be here tomorrow, i'll find my feet before i plan meeting up with anyone ^_^

Dont wait to meet other bockers, you dont have to be good to meet up and you will probably find Paul's experience really helpful. You will progress much faster with other people than just by yourself.....Happy bocking  ;D

Offline dragon

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:13 PM »
hi mate

if you are having a go for the first time on your own you might find that 6 foot high fences are verrrrrrrrry good, you can also hang onto some one sholders and walk behind them

i got a friend walking on them in 15 mins in this way

keep on looking forward this helps some how.

i live in basildon in essex so if you want to meet up half way and have a bounce give me a shout  ;D 
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:06 AM »
lol, sadly most of my friends are that little bit more mature and boring than me, they'd love to try it but they'd put their knees out or something, lol it'd be cool to meet up with someone a little more experienced soon just to see how i'm doing by comparison cos i don't really have anyone to see how i'm doing, pretty much trial and error with me.... btw dragon, u actually a fire breather? cos i am :D great fun at parties

Offline dragon

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
lol, sadly most of my friends are that little bit more mature and boring than me, they'd love to try it but they'd put their knees out or something, lol it'd be cool to meet up with someone a little more experienced soon just to see how i'm doing by comparison cos i don't really have anyone to see how i'm doing, pretty much trial and error with me.... btw dragon, u actually a fire breather? cos i am :D great fun at parties
i do both blowing and eating fire i did a cause to learn it i have started bar b q's and a bomfire i like it  :)

but to potect myself please dont try this at home
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 03:10:31 PM »
Sound fantastic dragon - we would love to see some of your footage!

Offline woodsy_1984

• Love it
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »
out of curiosity were did u do the course and did they do fire Poi's?

Offline dragon

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
i went on a course in london its a realy long story so here i go

i hired a male stripper for a publicty stunt for a wedding fair i had booked and he was going around giving out free flowers it worked realy well
after a couple of weeks i was gelling asked does he do hen nights so i got i touch with him and he said yes so he sent me a poster and he was fire breathing on that so i asked hi where did he learn and he gave me the tell no of this woman who teaches it

that was the short vertion

i have got footage of me doing it but i dont know how to put it on here

ive got footage of me doing it on my pjs 

Offline dragon

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
there is a pic of me doing it on here already

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=7

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:44 PM »
Yeah I remember that picture now - i moved it to the gallery when we added that feature.

Looks fantastic!

Naz

Offline BuzzCobain

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »
hey thadius, i got mine now, n me n paul had our first 2 hour session yesterday, im completely shattered, takin it kinda slow cos i seem to have hurt my chest and spine lol, but i nearly got slow running down to a tee, but yeh it really helped having paul there to give me little hints and tips lol, we'll all have to meet up n have a mess about, paul started up some forums for people in suffolk so hopefully we'll get some more people that live near us to meet up with.

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 12:26:10 AM »
thats cool :) we should be able to pull a pretty sizable group together soon. Currently a little wrecked so i'll register on the other website tomorrow when i see fit to get up ^_^