Author Topic: Head Camera!  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Steddy

Head Camera!
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
I know this probably isnt very interesting, but i just wanted you to all know that there will be some first person bocking footage coming  soon as i got a head camera for christmas! :D :Cwink:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Head Camera!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
ok. It doesnt work lol. I mean the footage is just crap.

What I think would be better is to strap it to the stilt as low as you can get it, facing up so it sees the stilts and you.
Even as a headcam doing a backflip, it's just unwatchable really.

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »
I found out the chest is the best place to put you cam. Its the only part of you body that dosnt move much and will make the best video. I have not tried it yet but i see its where they put it on different sports people.

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:14 AM »
I respectfully disagree. They did this with us last summer and it was the same sort of shot as the head but a little stable. The only decent footage of it was when jake had the cam on his chest and he's jumping over me (and I was stood up on stilts) and you get to see his shadow. Other than that, is was pretty poor.

I'll be happy for someone to show me wrong though. I think I'm probably too much of a perfectionist when it comes to photos and video though :)

Offline XS

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »
a while ago i shot some vids with my helmet cam, I think as long as you have some framing shots of another camera to put it in context it works, like this vid of me practicing fronts.  It also helps that with fronts you can see the stilts in a tuck. 

I experimented with different angles when i first got the camera, and I agree with locky that the helmet cam by itself is basically unwatchable for bocking.  The spring angles were interesting, but also unwatchable without just being used as an enhancement a framing wide shot.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
I do have one idea where a helmet cam could work but I wont be able to try it out until I get my gopro hero for my copter.

Edit: basically what this kid does at 2m48 with the gopro on the pole.
As XS says this can only really enhance existing shots I think.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:07:09 AM by Locky »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
I must admit I agree with the flipping and stunts type helmet cam vids that the vids are unwatchable

Having said that there was a guy on here a short while ago who went out for his first or second walk in a park on bocks with a helmet cam

It was fairly good most of the way through but absolute class when he fell over and tried to get up

I can remember actually starting to stick my hand out to brace as he fell  :Claugh:

And seeing the crawl of shame from a first person point of view had me clutching my stomach to stop the pain as I laughed  :Cbiggrin:

So go for it and lets see what it comes out like Steddy

Just one thing mate will it be a Steddy Cam  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Steddy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
haha cheers for the respose guys, i was concerned about how the footage would come out, and i was first of all thinking about having it on a pole facing myself.
I will just have to go out one day and try all the positions (pole, head, chest, stilt) and i will post them up :)

i mainly got the head cam for when i snowboard (i love snowboarding  :Cwink: ) so if the camera doesnt work out i wont really mind :)

i know this is random but i would like to buy some more springs as mine are too stiff (they are 79kg) is there any way i can get them  72-75kg instead of buying CZ70 springs and hoping that the ones i get are between that range?
if i need to call them what is the number? and do i do it when placing the order?

Thanks,
Steddy

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:46:28 PM by Steddy »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
The number is on the  projump website.

If you are ordering just springs then you should be able to specify the exact weight rating on them as its far easier for the staff to check them then if they have to open several boxes and check the stilts. Give them a call and ask.