Author Topic: Getting new Stilts  (Read 15558 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Getting new Stilts
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »
Raptors are for 8-11 Kg. I used to have 1. Yes  ONE! I got sent one raptor ( 8-11Kg) and 1 T rex (11-14Kg). Took me 2 days to work out why I had a spring loaded limp ;D.

1Kg under you should manage ok. It will mean that you will really have to work on your techneque and bounce really well. I suspect you are about the same size as Lara over my way ( you can see here in the latest Poole meet vid we did). She improved noticably after just an hour with the rest of us . Both just watching and being urged on.

So dare I say it you really gonna have to meet up with uncle Matt and the rest of the bockers in Cardiff Bay.

Yep a 3 stone gap is probablya bit much. However, and Im not the expert on this. I think there is a bit of a way to get back to adult bocks a bit quicker than you might have expected ( its a longshot but it just might work). Keep on with the junior models ( and eating the lard sandwiches ;D).

Ive heard of 1 or 2 peeps picking up 2nd hand 'well bounced' pro-jumps from people who have out grown there kit. Becuase they have been well used they have lost some of their bounce/stiffness. Thus can be used by peeps under the weight. 'Athoul' is the 1st person to ask as he sold such a pair on ( but he is away on hols at mo -you could send him an msg tho). Get all the info about this idea. Then you may want to think about putting in request threads in for low weight 2nd hand p-j's intime for chrimbo ;D

But as Matt mentioned I think the weight is quite an issue. Somat alot of us adult bockers dont readily appreciate. At 78 Kg my stilts add 12ish% to my weight, for 'big-assed' TundraH his powerskips prob add 5%. But for some of the 11 and 12 yo's  a pair of pr-jumps means added 20%+ to jump about with. That is really hard work. While you may not get so much bounce with juniors --atleast u can get off the grown :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:21:51 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2007, 08:12:53 PM »
if the g1s were better wgy did they change to g2s
were they cheaper to make
Well considering in my previous post I wrote "They cut costs" I would have thought that implied they are cheaper to make ::)

They're slightly different in build design, but they used cheaper materials on the G2's, hence the lower quality...
yeahit tried to any way i have modified it and hear it is thats a huge difference

thanx i feel abit better now  ;) that is a huge price difference

There is very little difference between the two gens, they should have been better, I know but some things are out of our control... and they added the shock absorber - but the cost cutting part is not proved as we are not getting them any cheaper on our end nor do we have reason to believe they are now cheaper to produce.

At present the biggest difference people are noticing between the two gens is that the rubber feet seem to be wearing out a little faster and the shock absorber which wasn't present on the first gens didn't stay in as well as it should (Oh yeah replacements absorbers are now free from Pro-Jump if you brought them from us)

The first gens were £189.99 plus £14.99 delivery so total was = £204.98 (if memory serves me correct)

The 2nd gens we have completely dropped our prices and margins so the total including delivery is now £135 a difference of £69.98!

So Adzi if you have got the G2 from us don't feel that you are out of pocket  ;) because I think we have more than compensated it with the huge price difference between the two.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:23:07 PM by adzi »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
but adzi    ahve you added anything there?

Offline adzi

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 08:24:13 PM »
it wont let me i think it is because it is too long

i was going to say tht it was a huge difference ::)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »
For what its worth, my Gen1's were £189 delivered, bought back in October.

Offline adzi

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 08:48:54 PM »
cool pity ive alreday got mine i ll have to wait a couyple of years  ::)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
adzi  READ  what i wrote doh hehe  ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 08:52:39 PM »
For what its worth, my Gen1's were £189 delivered, bought back in October.

Thanks for that, Still a £54 drop on the price on what you paid then!

Offline adzi

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
i have replied to you above uncle matts post